• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Who else ordered a Raptor a Year ago and is still waiting?

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby Baja700 Raptor, 2018 Shelby Raptor
Occupation
Self Employed
So I put my $1000 non refundable deposit in on 5-12-2023 for my Ranger Raptor, and my dealer got the order in on 5-30-2023. It’s been in production since 4-19-24 and the ETA said today at the latest to be delivered, but no one I’ve talked to has any idea when I’ll actually see it, not chat, marketing, or my dealer. I was about to trade my 2017 F350 Platinum Dually for a new Ford dually, but I’m not sure I want to give these people another $100k of my money, and might go to Ram instead. Who else has been waiting over a year for a Ford Ranger, and how do yall feel about Ford now that you’ve been put on hold for so long?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStarCaviar

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Man join the 'No markup ford raptor' facebook group - they are posted all the time.
“Non refundable deposit”, so I’d pay at least $1000 over by cancelling my current order, and probably wouldn’t get the color I want. I will look at the Facebook group though. At this point I’m resigned to wait, but am not very happy with how Ford has been handling this rollout, and their almost nonexistent customer service.

nikhsub1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
“Non refundable deposit”, so I’d pay at least $1000 over by cancelling my current order, and probably wouldn’t get the color I want. I will look at the Facebook group though. At this point I’m resigned to wait, but am not very happy with how Ford has been handling this rollout, and their almost nonexistent customer service.
Yeah ford has not been great for the last 5 years or so in that regard...

OP
OP
LoneStarCaviar

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah ford has not been great for the last 5 years or so in that regard...
Tried looking at Facebook, and none I saw are remotely close to Texas. Mostly in Canada, so anyone up there might have some luck.

Sponsored

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
You could ask them about cancelling the order and getting your $1000 back. Let them keep it as a stock order. Just point out all of the Raptors that are listed at 10K over MSRP. You can "release them from their obligation to sell it to you at ONLY MSRP." Wow! What a deal for them!

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could also consider a charge-back if it was via CC. Not sure if that would be expired by now since it's been a year, but it is worth a try.

I'd try politely asking the dealership first, as they may sympathize with you. A charge-back will burn the bridge 100%. Maybe ask for money back and you'll leave a positive google review. On the inverse, if they keep pulling your chain make sure you leave a negative google review.

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Ordered 5/30/23, after a whole fiasco where Ford apparently took my allocation for a VIP order, my truck is scheduled for build the week of June 10th. I know there are trucks available on the lot at MSRP but I'm not in a hurry and I want my $1,000 rebate damnit.

The owner of the VIP order actually backed out and that truck was changed to my spec as much as possible, but it's been in QA hold since early March and I wouldn't get my $1,000 rebate. The dealership wasn't able to remove the spray-in liner so that was another $500 and then the price increased $100 since my original order was placed, so all told I'd be paying $1,600 more if it ever does get delivered.

Chassis N2531

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Tried looking at Facebook, and none I saw are remotely close to Texas. Mostly in Canada, so anyone up there might have some luck.
I sent you a PM

Sponsored
OP
OP
LoneStarCaviar

LoneStarCaviar

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
You could ask them about cancelling the order and getting your $1000 back. Let them keep it as a stock order. Just point out all of the Raptors that are listed at 10K over MSRP. You can "release them from their obligation to sell it to you at ONLY MSRP." Wow! What a deal for them!
I’m not going to cancel it after waiting an entire year, that would be stupid and crazy, I just want real updates from Ford. They got my hopes up telling me ETA between 5-10 and 5-16, and then tell me they don’t know when it might ship now. That’s crazy for a company as big and practiced at selling large amounts of cars as FoMoCo is. My main point is I don’t really want to buy my new Dually from them, because it will probably have to be a custom order, and now we know they suck at that. Why give them another $100k if they can’t get their shit together?

Reactions: DMC

DinoBirdClaws88

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger/GTR33/Ducati SF
Occupation
Pararescue
Take a look at your states vehicle deposit laws. Here in FL there is specific verbiage The dealership must state before a deposit is truly nonrefundable (I.e. The seller agent must state the hold period for the vehicle and buyer must sign a non refundable memo/document after the deposit has been made- The 2024 Florida Statutes 501.976 (10).

Just saying, most dealers never fill out the paperwork 100% correct per the law (kind of like cops misspelling a word on a ticket) and you can get that deposit back. I had 4 deposits and knew all these rules. I got them all back and purchased my Raptor from IN.

Fredie53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Not a year ago but still frustrating !!

Last update 9 April 24
Sitting at MAP
No further information available.
Ford Ranger Who else ordered a Raptor a Year ago and is still waiting? IMG_9446.PNG

Arsenall11

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 extremely built Lariat F150
Occupation
Mechanical contractor
I don’t get this, ordered mine 1/3/24, arrived at the dealer 5/1/24, I picked it up tw,o days later. How it is orders from last year are not filled?
Sponsored