Top remove the filter, you'll pop off the tube, then slide the filter out. Everything else can stay in place.
Servicing the filter is pretty straightforward; There is a video guide that shows how to clean and service it here👉
For the 3rd gens, I'm not finding anything with Cobb. For the 4th gen, if monitoring is what you are after and you aren't worried about tuning, $700 versus the $419 for the iDashPro is a bit of a stretch. Plus, there is no warranty risk with the iDashPro.
If you are looking for a guage that can read the trans temp for the 3rd and 4th gen, Banks iDash has it covered. I have three in my '18 TRD/OF. See the middle gauge. No extra sensor needed; it reads right off the ECU broadcast.
Drop your year, make, and model here to see what iDash will...
I could have sworn I responded to your other comment; my apologies. The side cover is intended to help prevent water intrusion. However, it can be removed for those who want more sound and are less likely to find themselves driving high water zones. In our manual, videos, etc, we advise owners...
Thank you for the kudos. Yes, our engineering, marketing, and technical support staff work hard to ensure that the install guide is as great as it can be.
Regarding the custom work, no we are taking custom work requests.
Thank you for providing a photo. The coating is not grease; it's a silicone spray used to pull the part from the mold. It's supposed to be wiped off at the factory. Apologies for the mess.
Regarding the sound, the Banks Ram-Air Intake is designed to maximize power and air flow to the system...
Our mechanical engineering team is exploring new synthetic medias that will satisfy our MAF requirements while capturing the dust that Tacoma owners expect.
Not yet, the intake is in development. As soon as I have something, I will post in this thread.
Banks Ram-Air®
Cold Air Intake w/ Side Fender Inlet
Oiled Filter | TRD Pro & Trailhunter Only
SKU #42292...
It's coming. You can sign up for the alert and this link. When it's ready it will work with the TrailHunter Snorkel.
https://bankspower.com/products/ram-air-intake-system-42292-toyota-tacoma-2-4l-trd-pro-trailhunter