Sponsored

Search results

  1. Are you aware of your surroundings?

    In 2026 they added a TRD Off Road + model that has it. Before that it was only on models I didn’t want like the Sport Premium or the OR Premium which had a 5’ bed. Or the high end trims. They also added SR5+ that has it. Maybe in the next year or two I trade up to a OR+ model.
  2. Are you aware of your surroundings?

    It is a controller for the electric brakes on trailers. So when you press the brake pedal, the brakes on the trailer axles are applied as well. Safer and reduces wear on the truck brakes. I wouldn’t tow a trailer over 1000 lbs without a trailer brake controller.
  3. Are you aware of your surroundings?

    I think the TRD OR is almost perfect for use as a truck and off road rig. A couple things lacking is a an external transmission cooler and a trailer brake controller.
  4. Considering a Tundra

    I get the smallness of the Tacoma coming from full size Rams and GM’s. However I legitimately think the Tacoma is the only new truck worth buying. Even with its cheap plastics interior. Kinda sad. I am considering adding a mint condition 2000- 2006 Silverado or Sierra to my fleet. That...
  5. Trying out 5w-30 engine oil

    I want to switch to 5w20 but don’t want an issue with my warranty so I was gonna switch after. I’ve had my truck for 2 years and 1 month and just had its last covered in the maintenance package oil change.
  6. Lost Lands - Taco

    4 wheels spin out just like 2. Though in 4Lo I’d think she could have crawled out? Maybe with crawl control? If the truck has it.
  7. Driver inner door handle failure and replace

    Sometimes when you are too careful things seem to break more often. Maybe prying softly and going slow puts more stress on it than just a quick pull. The aftermarket or Toyota needs to come up with a metal or reinforced improved version as this is just silly. We can’t just have a plastic...
  8. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    @bitflogger Awesome car! Keep it forever… my buddy’s 2012 Golf has 350,000 miles (560,000 km) on it. My current Gti is a summer toy and only 3500 miles (5600 km) on it šŸ˜‚. I’ve had great luck with Volkswagen. This is my first Toyota, and generally I like it. I have a few gripes but...
  9. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    Sweet. I sometimes wish I’d bought one, but a friend had just bought one and I ended up buying a roomier Tiguan. Sometimes I wish I’d gotten an AllTrak as they came in manual, but I really appreciated the extra room in the Tiguan at the time. I had it less than 2 years as a garbage truck...
  10. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    I like the Alltrak, the manual ones came out in 2018 I think. My Gti is the final year of a manual transmission and analog gages - like you said a relative dinosaur. A couple years later even the manual is gone.
  11. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    I only started buying new vehicles later in life. For years I drove older vehicles making 6 figures. First new car at 37. But I digress, I like base trims better sometimes. They seem to age better.
  12. Michelin TPE bed mat review

    It’s a Chinese one - xipoqix from Amazon. But it’s been great, in the pic the whitish stuff is from a load of crushed concrete I hauled. Also my bed mat is a TripleA Liners one, they all seem to be the same.
  13. Michelin TPE bed mat review

    I have a TripleALiners one. I really like it , it’s protected my 6’ bed as I’ve loaded gravel, boxes, wood, steel, junk etc. I also bought a tailgate cover too (not Lasfit) and it’s been great too. The tailgate cover is scratched up - that would have been my actual tailgate if not...
  14. Are you ready for 2030 ?

    My Guanajuato built 2024 Tacoma has been flawless mechanically but has some quality issues I’d chalk up to Toyota: the paint at inside bottom of tailgate is very thin to not applied over white primer, the left tail light is out 1 cm & dealer has been unable to correct, and lastly cheap plastics...
  15. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    Love the red, my first choice but only available on the sport premium (did not want a sunroof on my truck) or a 5’ bed Off Road. Wish we had it on more trims!
  16. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    Agreed. I’ve seen more posts of lower trims bash TRD trims etc. Kind of weird, like they need to defend their purchase. Personally I like base model trucks, they have a certain charm. In Canada, they don’t sell the SR, and the SR5 is the lowest trim. The upgrades you get are worth it for...
  17. Another new SR5 Owner! Recommendations/Advice Please!

    Agreed, just pony up and buy the better trim rather than trying to look upscale.
  18. Another new SR5 Owner! Recommendations/Advice Please!

    If you mess around too much, you’re better off to buy an Off Road. I’ve had my OR 2 years and looks like I’m gonna get a new set of shocks next year thanks to the recall - I’ve had zero problems with mine 🤣 . For wheels, I’d try to find a set of premium Off Road wheels or 4runner ones...
  19. Recall: 2024-2025 Tacoma TRD Off-Road models due to Bilstein Shocks Corrosion Issue (48k Units Affected)

    My app was showing a recall pending on the shocks for weeks and it disappeared a few days ago, I haven’t been to dealer or had it done. Interesting too it was only showing it for rear shocks. Then just today, it has reappeared and just says shock absorbers so I assume it’s all 4. Says Toyota...
  20. Anyone running these TRD running boards?

    Pros: I’ve had them on my truck since day one 2 years ago. They do not retain water and are super grippy. Best looking ones imho. Cons: @Compy386 they are higher up and my friend’s elderly mom needs an additional step to get into. They also are hard to clean with the wash mitt as they...



Top