Sponsored

Search results

  1. Remote start

    Sums it up pretty good lol I’ll look into it have a recommendations?
  2. Remote start

    I don’t care if it’s a app or anything just want more then 5ft of range I swear mine won’t work unless I’m within 10 yards
  3. Remote start

    I imagine this is been brought up before, anyone know an alternative to paying for this subscription any kits they recommend or something?
  4. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    I mostly just see the Trd get crapped on for its seats and most complaints in general are about the price of any of the models really. Charm or not these trucks are expensive and I’ll happily admit 50-60k wasn’t it for me…don’t need more anyways. Is it nice ofc but gotta learn to be happy for...
  5. It seems most Tacoma owners on social media are salty heavy-duty off-road types.

    Won’t act like I’m the most active user but I can’t say I’ve ever had anyone bash my sr5 on here Usually the opposite actually That being said ofc they exist but.
  6. Jack stands

    Do you guys use 3 ton or 6 ton jack stands? I only ask as I have a pair of newish 3 tons already and and hoping I can just get another pair of 3 ton for a full set. Or if I need to suck it up and get 6 tons.
  7. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    Oh come on they are only 40-70 thousand dollar trucks don’t be so harsh 🤣
  8. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    I’m curious to see how mine acts now it’s been replaced. It shifts better no more cold start hard shifts ect Also it’s common for these transmissions to be under filled from factory which isn’t helping
  9. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    I lean towards this as well since in my personal experience, putting it into sequential and telling it what to do it runs perfectly fine However, if you let it make the decisions it struggles Tells me it’s more software related then hardware related so I cope and hope it’s still mechanically...
  10. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    No codes no warnings other then a hard first shift after a cold start Long story short it was slamming into gears hard while driving 7k miles I did have the overheating on climbs and off-road ect but that’s extremely common The official paperwork said high pressure in transmission they...
  11. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    One more thing to add sorry for the triple post. I havnt gone off-roading since I had my transmission REPLACED and I will say that this one responds to pretty much everything very differently then the last one did. Coincidence maybe
  12. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    In other words the transmission is constantly trying to shift to make the rpm’s as low as possible to conserve gas in my experience going up hill it couldn’t make its mind up to quite literally save its own life.
  13. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    I’m by no means smart enough to talk about this in anything but a broad sense but it is my understanding that the torque converter stays open when it should be locking up creating a ton of unnecessary heat. When going into sequential mode and locking it at 2 or 3 the converter locks and...
  14. 2024 Tacoma Transmission Overheating on Long Climbs Off-Road

    Will +1 the S mode and setting it to 2 or 3.
  15. Transmission Replaced Issue Confirmed

    UPDATE Got the truck back yesterday few things I want to note. I don’t have the paper work in my hand but it stated that the psi going thru the transmission was incorrect however it didn’t state what caused the failure. Cost out of pocket would have been 12,500$ The truck shifts the...
  16. Transmission Replaced Issue Confirmed

    The real test won’t come till I get the new one. I’m assuming it’ll be a newer production unit since my truck was made. Will update when I get the truck back. My main point is I could’ve just gotten unlucky or all these things being chalked up as ā€œnormalā€ are issues that may not have shown...
  17. Transmission Replaced Issue Confirmed

    Sorry that’s happened I know as far as these issues go I’ve gotten very lucky…. They’ve given me a loaner another Tacoma 2026 sr5 higher package tho. Something I noticed transmission feels very different then mine as far as the way it behaves Shifts way smoother just in general ā€˜not that...
  18. Transmission Replaced Issue Confirmed

    All things considered so far other then it going out things have been handled well. Hopefully that doesn’t change. And yea if I have another trans issue under warranty I may consider seeing the cost of switching to M/T I like the benefits of the trans but I plan on keeping this truck a very...
  19. Transmission Replaced Issue Confirmed

    I will be asking tons of questions as soon as I am able too. Knew I should’ve got the MT lol



Top