Better MPG?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
For entry-level SR grades, this engine produces 228 horsepower and 243 lb.-ft. of torque with the automatic. Do we think this will be the MPG leader?
Sponsored

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
For entry-level SR grades, this engine produces 228 horsepower and 243 lb.-ft. of torque with the automatic. Do we think this will be the MPG leader?
I think it'll be the hybrid...

WithaY

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma Limited
Iā€˜m praying that the limited with a hybrid gets much better gas mileage because itā€™s a game changer and a dealbreaker. If not. I want the new one to travel the US so Iā€™m hoping Toyota does not disappoint me. My 2017 eats fuel likes itā€™s freeā€¦ā€¦

Eesh29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Lariat
Iā€˜m praying that the limited with a hybrid gets much better gas mileage because itā€™s a game changer and a dealbreaker. If not. I want the new one to travel the US so Iā€™m hoping Toyota does not disappoint me. My 2017 eats fuel likes itā€™s freeā€¦ā€¦
The 2024 limited is all wheel drive all the time. Im guessing the TRD Off Road or the TRD Sport paired with the hybrid engine will get the better gas mileage.

I'm also hoping the hybrid engines improve the MPG. The reason I sold my 2008 Tacoma was because it was so terrible on fuel.

WithaY

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma Limited
You would think but in this case the target appears to more power and electrical adders than MPG but weā€™ll seeā€¦ hoping for a pleasant surprise šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

philipfreire

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
freire.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium 4WD
The battery technology for the Tacoma is focused for more power and torque without using more fuel than what a conventional 4 cylinder turbo uses today.
I doubt your going to see big numbers better than the non hybrid engine on the new Tacoma. Maybe 1-2 MPG at best. But the trade off is much more power and torque.

Even Toyota Canadaā€™s website Showcasing upcoming vehicles show the Grand Highlander with a hybrid logo but the Tacoma doesnā€™t.

2024 Tacoma Better MPG? IMG_1028

USNVET1965

First Name
Sylvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport AWD

WithaY

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma Limited
Phillip,
Thanks for input which, in my case, takes the truck off my list. I love my 2017 except for the fuel and seat discomfort but everything else has been great. I'm sure there are many Tacoma owners who appreciate this new technology for the HP and Torque but I'm getting ready to travel the country and need MPG. Between this news and the Saudi's, I'm moving on. Thanks and enjoy

philipfreire

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
freire.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE Premium 4WD
Looks like Toyota Canada has updated the future vehicles with hybrid available for the Tacoma.
I still donā€™t see this getting better than 9L/100km or 26mpg

2024 Tacoma Better MPG? IMG_1087

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I wish all manufactures would offer more fuel efficient options. Iā€™m so tired of the HP/torque pissing contest and wish they would redirect priority to efficiency. Personally anything over 300 HP and 320 ft/Ibs torque in a midsize truck doesnā€™t impress me as much as getting 30+ MPG. I get it for the TRD Pro and Raptor crowd as much as people who love performance cars. The majority of us just want reliable, fuel efficient vehicles that meets our needs.

Same can be said with EVsā€¦ donā€™t give me a 600 HP car that can 250 miles on a chargeā€¦ give me a 250 HP car that can go 600 miles before needing a charge.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I wish all manufactures would offer more fuel efficient options. Iā€™m so tired of the HP/torque pissing contest and wish they would redirect priority to efficiency. Personally anything over 300 HP and 320 ft/Ibs torque in a midsize truck doesnā€™t impress me as much as getting 30+ MPG. I get it for the TRD Pro and Raptor crowd as much as people who love performance cars. The majority of us just want reliable, fuel efficient vehicles that meets our needs.

Same can be said with EVsā€¦ donā€™t give me a 600 HP car that can 250 miles on a chargeā€¦ give me a 250 HP car that can go 600 miles before needing a charge.

I wish that we would see some PHEV trucks in both midsize and full size class. I do think we will see a revolution once solid state batteries go into mass production.

USNVET1965

First Name
Sylvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma TRD Sport AWD
Your joking, right?

I traded in my 2011 Lexus LS 460 L AWD for a 2022 Tacoma TRD Sport 4 wd 6 cylinder .

So far, the Tacoma is averaging over 24 MPG @ 80 MPH and my Lexus was averaging 14 MPG in eco mode.

My BMW 750 I X drive twin turbo I am lucky to get 20 MPG eco mode.

The Lexus and BMW both use 92 Octane minimum.

The 2022 Tacoma uses 82 octane no problem.

In 4 weeks, I drove over 3,200 miles just to see how much fuel I would be using.
Sponsored