• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Lariat 4/19/24
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
If you drive the same speeds as normal mode, no drop in MPG…
Awesome. Next question: Will the sport mode remain the same on next engine start? If so, this is probably the best solution and you saved $100! If you must reselect sport mode every time when starting engine, we are back to the same problem as the button defaults to ON for ASS.
Sponsored

AlpineBike

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Awesome. Next question: Will the sport mode remain the same on next engine start? If so, this is probably the best solution and you saved $100! If you must reselect sport mode every time when starting engine, we are back to the same problem as the button defaults to ON for ASS.

You select sport the same as selecting drive or reverse with your shifter.
Instead of shifting from park into drive, go one notch past the “D” to the “S”.

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
I don’t see S on my shifter. Maybe I do not have Raptor? I have Lariat.

Ford Ranger Disabled auto start / stop with eliminator kit (4DTECH) and it works IMG_0860

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2024 Ranger Raptor (ordered)
Occupation
Mold maker
I don’t understand why this feature bothers people so much.
For “normal” daily driving ASS has never slowed me down or negatively affected me in any way.
If I’m driving in a “spirited” manner then I’m in sport mode anyway and ASS automatically disables…

The fact that people spend $100 on this just baffles me.
Your starter on your engine takes an enormous amount of power to turn your engine over everyime. Thus putting a lot of stress on your electrical system. These new electronic computers running your engine will eventually start to have issues over time. I'm sure they are protected electrically somehow, but even the biggest surge protecters become vulnerable over time. We ask you, why put all your electronics under so much stress just so the car companies can meet the federal Cafe standards? Who do I give my hundred to? Enjoy your beer my friend....

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mold maker
That is a good idea about sport mode. No wonder I never noticed my coming on because I always have mine in sport mode. Thanks for the reminder! I'll have to rethink everything..

Sponsored

AlpineBike

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Your starter on your engine takes an enormous amount of power to turn your engine over everyime. Thus putting a lot of stress on your electrical system. These new electronic computers running your engine will eventually start to have issues over time. I'm sure they are protected electrically somehow, but even the biggest surge protecters become vulnerable over time. We ask you, why put all your electronics under so much stress just so the car companies can meet the federal Cafe standards? Who do I give my hundred to? Enjoy your beer my friend....
Do you know what a capacitor is? Understand anything about electrical engineering?
The starter doesn’t put any strain at all on any computer…

OP
OP
nswilliams

nswilliams

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Senior Research Engineer
I just drove my Lariat. The sports mode on next engine starts requires OK pressing to ”Return to Sports mode?” screen. If not clicking on it, it just does the normal mode and activate ASS (without kit). My shifter doesn't have “S” notch.

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mold maker
Do you know what a capacitor is? Understand anything about electrical engineering?
The starter doesn’t put any strain at all on any computer…
A capacitor stores an electrical charge. A G-mov suppresses voltage spikes and they don't last forever. When you start your car up when you get in it, the electronics are not on until after your engine is running. When your car shuts off at a traffic light, your electronics are on and "could" be vulnerable. Besides that, starting your car puts a lot of strain on your battery, why would you want to start it so often then? I would question your electrical engineering knowledge if you didnt know that....

AlpineBike

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
A capacitor stores an electrical charge. A G-mov suppresses voltage spikes and they don't last forever. When you start your car up when you get in it, the electronics are not on until after your engine is running. When your car shuts off at a traffic light, your electronics are on and "could" be vulnerable. Besides that, starting your car puts a lot of strain on your battery, why would you want to start it so often then? I would question your electrical engineering knowledge if you didnt know that....
Because the ASS system has been around for many years and has been designed from the ground up to not prematurely wear out any mechanical or electrical components.
If it did, Ford would have an even bigger recall nightmare than what they currently have.
There have been zero issues reported related to the ASS breaking anything!

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
I don’t understand why this feature bothers people so much.
For “normal” daily driving ASS has never slowed me down or negatively affected me in any way.
If I’m driving in a “spirited” manner then I’m in sport mode anyway and ASS automatically disables…

The fact that people spend $100 on this just baffles me.
Most of the time AS/S doesn't bother me, but I hate it when I park my truck. When I come to a stop the truck shuts off before I can put it in park. Then I put in park and the truck starts, then have to I shut it off.
It would be worth $100 to me just to eliminate that scenario.

Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
After installing the 4DTECH $100 auto start/stop eliminator kit on my 24 Lariat Ranger, it works! It just remembers the last status of button press. Say, you turn it off via auto start/stop button, it will remain off on next engine start. It is easy to install by removing passenger storage bin and add bypass kit on right side.

More info: https://www.4dtech.com/ranger-2024-start-stop-eliminator/

It is difficult to unplug from computer box due to hard to reach with small space. Took me 5 mins to unplug, then after that, it is easy to add.
A nightlite in the 120 vote plug does the same thing. Disables constantly.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I have installed them in 2 other vehicles. I believe every starter has a finite number of starts in its lifecycle. No idea what that number is specifically, but I would rather not waste any in traffic. Just my opinion, realize there are others.

Top Fuel Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Ranger Raptor, '22 Mach1, '21 Diesel Wrangler
I generally don't mind, it works great on my diesel jeep, the raptor, (it's not on the mustang though I would think the Whipple tune would disable it). I don't buy the "wears out your car faster" as even the manufactures say it's designed for it, they aren't building the same starter they had in the 90s.....

I absolutely HATE it on my Honda Pilot, as it also kills the power steering (doesn't seem to on the other cars I have) so if you try to turn the wheel you have to really muscle it and it will kick back on after a firm tug. Super annoying and will find something to disable it.
Sponsored