Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
This is a look at how the 2025 4Runner Trailhunter fog lights (standard equipment) switches from white to amber. Switchable foglights is an option on the TRD Pro.

Old Spice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3 currently
This is a look at how the 2025 4Runner Trailhunter fog lights (standard equipment) switches from white to amber. Switchable foglights is an option on the TRD Pro.

I've always used amber fog light bulbs, so this is a welcome useful function. For the TRD Pro = is the whole foglight an option, or the color adjustable feature is the option?

Economisto

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
I've always used amber fog light bulbs, so this is a welcome useful function. For the TRD Pro = is the whole foglight an option, or the color adjustable feature is the option?

I believe its just white on the pro and white/amber on the trailhunter from factory. Im sure you could buy the parts from Toyota and swap them out. I doubt you can order the changing amber/white from factory on the trd though. Its not an option on the tacoma build on the website.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
It's about time that an OEM finally figured out that Selective Yellow makes a much better option for, "Fog lights", than white. I'm very happy to see this. I do wonder how effective they really are though, considering most OEM fog lights aren't bright enough to be useful.

OP
OP

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
I believe its just white on the pro and white/amber on the trailhunter from factory. Im sure you could buy the parts from Toyota and swap them out. I doubt you can order the changing amber/white from factory on the trd though. Its not an option on the tacoma build on the website.
Yes that's correct, at least for the 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro. Here's a Tacoma TRD Pro build sheet listing the "Rigid Fog Lights - White / Yellow" as a $700 option.

From https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/the-hybrid-tacomas-are-coming.4480/post-63430

2025 Toyota 4runner OEM Rigid Fog Lights adjustable color (WHITE <> AMBER) switch on 2025 4Runner Trailhunter & TRD Pro 1715290450771

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7.8%? $76,001 for a Tacoma!? This is pure insanity!

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
7.8%? $76,001 for a Tacoma!? This is pure insanity!
$5000 dealer markup! But why there are no more shortages, or at least not too the extent our little blue planet was suffering not to long ago.

Last edited:

Kuzco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Anyone have footage of how the light bar/ fogs spread coverage on the ground? Would be curious to see normal, only bar, only fogs, all on, etc..

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have footage of how the light bar/ fogs spread coverage on the ground? Would be curious to see normal, only bar, only fogs, all on, etc..
Try getting ahold of Rigid. Since they made the lights, maybe they have some footage that they can publish. I'm rather curious about this, myself.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I took my own advice on your post, and reached out to Rigid with your question. I received this response this evening:

Unfortunately, we only have the stock videos at this moment, which are shot during the day. I have sent your email and email address to our marketing team to see if they had any videos that they could share with you.

Ben Schultz
Inside Sales / Customer Service

If I hear back from them, I'll post their response (hopefully a video or two, but not holding my breath) here.

Last edited: