Sponsored

Hitch/Frame Integration. Anyone concerned about that fixed low point near the far end of the truck?

TrailHuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Just noticed that the hitch is fully integrated into the frame of the Tacoma and I'm wondering how many of you are concerned about that fixed low point near the far end of the truck. Planning a lot of overlanding in the future here and not sure how I'm feeling about it.

Screengrab is from Alex on Autos

2024 Tacoma Hitch/Frame Integration. Anyone concerned about that fixed low point near the far end of the truck? Screenshot 2023-05-30 122502
Sponsored

VikingDaddy

First Name
Erl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘72 F350 Crew Cab
Just noticed that the hitch is fully integrated into the frame of the Tacoma and I'm wondering how many of you are concerned about that fixed low point near the far end of the truck. Planning a lot of overlanding in the future here and not sure how I'm feeling about it.

Screengrab is from Alex on Autos

Screenshot 2023-05-30 122502.jpg
Hello, Mr. Trailhuntman, what I was going to do with my Maverick Tremor, before it was totaled, last month, by a 17 year old driving on the shoulder, was cut off the 2” receiver tube and get a new, aftermarket, receiver tube and have it welded on top of the receiver crossmember. You could put the license plate on a flip up mount, like they had on ‘60’s muscle cars, so in case it scrapes it doesn’t get damaged. Apparently, the ‘24 trd pro Tacoma will be available without the trailer receiver (tow package?) to increase departure angle. Ragnar

Onion Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler
I will be coming from a two-door Jeep Wrangler on 35's with a 3-inch lift. Departure angle has rarely been an issue for me. With the new Tacoma, the clearance concern for me is the spare tire which appears to be way lower than the hitch.
Sponsored