Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Now that we have somewhat of an educated guess/ assumption of what the 2025 4 Runners are going to look like price points. Anyone reconsidering their purchase or at least the trim they will buy?
I will stay with the Platinum trim if it stays close to the $70,000 CAD price.

TheBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2022 GR86
Now that we have somewhat of an educated guess/ assumption of what the 2025 4 Runners are going to look like price points. Anyone reconsidering their purchase or at least the trim they will buy?
I will stay with the Platinum trim if it stays close to the $70,000 CAD price.
At the same trim/model level the last gen 4Runner was at least $5k CAD more expensive than the comparable Tacoma.

So, if the Tacoma Limited is $67K CAD plus the $5k 4Runner upcharge plus even more for a Platinum...

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
At the same trim/model level the last gen 4Runner was at least $5k CAD more expensive than the comparable Tacoma.

So, if the Tacoma Limited is $67K CAD plus the $5k 4Runner upcharge plus even more for a Platinum...
Thanks Batman
I may have to lower my expectations and settle for a bus pass.

Last edited:

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Does anyone know for certain that the TRD Sport won’t get the Hybrid option?

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FJ
Does anyone know for certain that the TRD Sport won’t get the Hybrid option?
Yes, no Hybrid 4Runner TRD Sport. Below is the list of trims and powertrains that all the publications posted, so it must be directly from Toyota. I bolded the 2025 4Runner trims that have Hybrid model.
  • SR5 (i-Force)
  • TRD Sport (i- Force)
  • TRD Sport Premium (i- Force)
  • TRD Off-Road (i-Force and i-Force Max)
  • TRD Off-Road Premium (i-Force and i-Force Max)
  • Limited (i-Force and i-Force Max)
  • TRD Pro (i-Force Max)
  • Trailhunter (i-Force Max)
  • Platinum (i-Force Max)

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yes, no Hybrid 4Runner TRD Sport. Below is the list of trims and powertrains that all the publications posted, so it must be directly from Toyota. I bolded the 2025 4Runner trims that have Hybrid model.
  • SR5 (i-Force)
  • TRD Sport (i- Force)
  • TRD Sport Premium (i- Force)
  • TRD Off-Road (i-Force and i-Force Max)
  • TRD Off-Road Premium (i-Force and i-Force Max)
  • Limited (i-Force and i-Force Max)
  • TRD Pro (i-Force Max)
  • Trailhunter (i-Force Max)
  • Platinum (i-Force Max)
So odd given the Tacoma TRD Sport has that as an option but not the 4Runner.

MJE

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks Batman
I may have to lower my expectations and settle for a bus pass.
It may not be all that bad. $5K on top of 67 is 72 & a few bucks for the platinum it might come in around $75K? Say that quick & it almost sounds cheap! But that’s meaningfully less than $83K for the top end LC (discounting the FE), giving them some price differentiation even at the top end.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It may not be all that bad. $5K on top of 67 is 72 & a few bucks for the platinum it might come in around $75K? Say that quick & it almost sounds cheap! But that’s meaningfully less than $83K for the top end LC (discounting the FE), giving them some price differentiation even at the top end.
Ok you sold me, I will take it for $75,000!

emmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road
Yeah I’m kinda reevaluating what trim I want to get now. I just find it so odd that you can’t get the I Force Max on the TRD Sport trims for the 4Runner.
I'm on the same boat. I was heavily leaning towards a TRD Pro but if the Tacoma pricing is of any indication of how 4Runner prices will be, I may have to settle for a TRD Off Road Premium. I was hoping it'd be around within $5k~ more than 2024 (CAD) but it doesn't appear to be that way.

TheBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner Trail, 2022 GR86
Ok you sold me, I will take it for $75,000!
And if, as I suspect, you are waiting 10-12 months to get one in your driveway, you've got some time to save some extra loonies and for interest rates to come down and save you some money.

jnsplace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R
I researched platinum trims this week.. Saw ranges from 4 to 10k range. Likely depends on the options attached to it.

Examples in hybrid:
Tundra: Limited 51K Platinum: 61K
Grand Highlander: Limited 54K, Platinum 58K
Sequoia: Limited 68K, Platinum 74K

I like both the TRD OR: Prem and Platinum, I suspect they'll be somewhere in the 5-8K apart. Choices are hard! haha

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
And if, as I suspect, you are waiting 10-12 months to get one in your driveway, you've got some time to save some extra loonies and for interest rates to come down and save you some money.
I am more of a toonie person. I am saving and saving....and saving...and saving...you get the picture.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
4R's are currently priced about 25% higher starting than the current Taco's, so if your wondering about price point, there ya go.

TSlop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~2026 4Runner
4R's are currently priced about 25% higher starting than the current Taco's, so if your wondering about price point, there ya go.
Sure, if you compare absolute base price SR Taco to the base price SR5 4Runner.

But trim for trim, it's much closer. 2WD SR5 Taco is $38,120, and the 2WD SR5 4Runner is $42,100 (~10.5% higher). Going to 4WD and the TRD-Sports, the new Taco was $44,095 and the old 4Runner was $46,835 (~6% higher).