• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot

Randy701

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Fit
Occupation
Retired
Ordered my Velocity Blue Ford Ranger Lariat May 26, 2023. Was informed a month ago it is "on the ramp" ready to be loaded for shipping. Just got a call from my dealer in Colorado that the truck is on hold until April 30th. Seems Ford gave the truck to the Michigan AP for a photo shoot. I was told there would be no extra miles put on it. Not too happy about another delay but at least I'm being informed now about what is happening. I'll probably see my truck online before I finally get hold of it!
Sponsored

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician
I would be very interested to hear how many miles are on it when you take delivery

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
Ordered my Velocity Blue Ford Ranger Lariat May 26, 2023. Was informed a month ago it is "on the ramp" ready to be loaded for shipping. Just got a call from my dealer in Colorado that the truck is on hold until April 30th. Seems Ford gave the truck to the Michigan AP for a photo shoot. I was told there would be no extra miles put on it. Not too happy about another delay but at least I'm being informed now about what is happening. I'll probably see my truck online before I finally get hold of it!
How would that happen. It's a retail order... they couldn't do that.

OP
OP

Randy701

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Fit
Occupation
Retired
It's pretty obvious to me that Ford does anything they feel like with little care about an individual customer. I stood by in March for 3 weeks as I was told the Ranger was going to come into the dealer then. Ford Corporation has sent me a couple of messages telling me they were going to regularly update me. Nice thought - although no updates ever happened. So now the truck has been stopped for a photo shoot in Michigan. Ford never informed me of that but at least my dealer did. I'm going to wait until June 1 and buy elsewhere should the truck not arrive. Very unimpressed with Ford. I can imagine how they treat their employees if they treat their customers as badly as I'v experienced. Good communication goes a long way. I've gotten none of that from the Ford Corporation.
I'm now looking at a Rivean truck that is priced below 70k. Maybe a Colorado or Tacoma? Rather have the Ranger but I'm just about at my limit with Ford. Fingers crossed (again.)

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I'm now looking at a Rivean truck that is priced below 70k. Maybe a Colorado or Tacoma? Rather have the Ranger but I'm just about at my limit with Ford. Fingers crossed (again.)
That sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Rivian dealer network has poor ratings, and that brand is on life-support. They need the R2 and R3 in the market now, and neither are getting here before 2027.

Sponsored

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
How would the dealer possibly know what Ford is doing with your specific truck at the factory? That seems...unlikely 🤔

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti G35, Tundra SR5 TRD Sport
Occupation
Banker
How would the dealer possibly know what Ford is doing with your specific truck at the factory? That seems...unlikely 🤔
Vehicles are tracked every step of the way. What’s unlikely is a dealer spilling the beans, but maybe OP got a dealer with a more transparent attitude.

GManGeno

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Here's a positive spin on this, maybe your truck will not have as many or any quality issues that many in this forum are talking about. Ford would want to put their best foot forward when showcasing their new truck.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicles are tracked every step of the way (though not always very accurately). What’s unlikely is a dealer spilling the beans, but maybe OP got a dealer with a more transparent attitude.
They are definitely tracked every step of the way. What I find somewhat surprising is that Ford would tell the dealer this specific truck was being used for a phot shoot. They have media trucks for that. And specifically AP. Which doesn't have a strong automotive history that I'm aware of.

OP
OP

Randy701

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Fit
Occupation
Retired
It keeps getting better... Just received a message from Ford today saying my truck is still being built. This is two days after my dealer said it was done and being held for a photo shoot. It shouldn't be this difficult to buy a vehicle. I hear the Chevy Colorado is a comfortable truck...

Hi .....,

I just received the email shown below from Ford. What is going on with this? You tell me the truck is done and being held for a photo shoot. Ford sends me a message today telling me the truck is still in production. Who should I believe?

I will appreciate you looking into this. Is Ford just making this all up while they hold onto my truck? Why are they providing conflicting information? Should the "unexpected delays" involve a photo shoot - why doesn't Ford just say that?

Now I'm wondering if the truck is built or not. Is this Ford message true or is your quoted email message true?

Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2024 3:08 PM
To: tmail.com>
Subject: Order Update: Your Ranger Lariat

Ford Ranger My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot {filename}

Ford Ranger My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot NA_US_B23P0120.120163._step_checkmark.png__Ford+US
Ford Ranger My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot NA_US_B23P0120.120163._step_checkmark.png__Ford+US
Ford Ranger My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot _NA_US_B23P0120.120163._step3_current.png__Ford+US
Ford Ranger My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot US_NA_US_B23P0120.120163._step4_other.png__Ford+US
Order Confirmed​
Scheduled for Production​
Build in Progress
Shipped​
Step 3 of 4
Build in Progress​
Ford Ranger My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot 0120.120163._dwell-off1_factory_desk.jpeg__Ford+US
Ford Ranger My Ranger Raptor is at Michigan AP Photo Shoot P0120.120163._dwell-off1_factory_mob.jpeg__Ford+US
We’re still building your vehicle
Order ID:
R32M

As promised, we’re writing to update you on the build progress of Ranger Lariat order. We’re working hard to complete your new Ford vehicle but are continuing to experience unexpected delays.

You can rest assured that our team is diligently addressing these challenges to expedite the completion of your vehicle. We genuinely value your understanding and patience during this process and will keep you updated as we progress.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
We tried to tell you your truck was not with the press for a photo shoot. They build vehicles for that very purpose and for the media, they'd never use a customer's retail unit, nor would they need to. That story given to you was utter bs. Sorry dealer lied to you.

As to a Colorado, I understand your frustration, but you'd be getting an inferior truck. I just learned to have patience with mine.

But there's always trying to find one with another dealer.

Last edited:

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
That’s the automatic Ford email many of us received. It means nothing. I received that email in March even though my truck was actually built in January.