Sponsored

Poll: 2024 Tacoma release - Yay or Nay?

How do you feel after the 2024 Tacoma reveal?

• Total voters

Mackieallan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger
Curious if most people here are happy with the released specs/info. I'm a definite yes unless they really goof on pricing.
Sponsored

Jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Price is the only missing piece for me.. I like everything shown except the massive vertical screen.

Praying for sub $30k for the SR. If so I'm in.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
I was 90% set on a $53k 2024 AT4 Canyon. Was holding out for the Ranger and Tacoma. I like what I see on the Tacoma. Waiting on pricing for the Limited and all options on other trims before deciding.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Call it a mostly Yay! For me. Looks great really! But I need to sit in it as my #1 consideration is seats. #2 is tech & apparently you’re not going to fit a bigger screen in a vehicle this size so that’s covered. I really do want to compare the Limited in person though to the Ranger Lariat & Canyon Denali.

tacogarage

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd and 2nd Gen Taco
The pro now seems like an a actual upgrade over trd off road. Pricing really needs to come out before a real comparison can be drawn but Toyota has to stay competitive but probably not cheaper than the competition so I’m in!
Dealer mark ups are going to kill the launch though. I will not pay stupid mark ups

TintedOut

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Silverado
Not huge fan of the giant center displays and glossy fender flares on the TRD Pro.

I want to build out the TRD sport for overlanding. IMO the best platform to start adding the items you want without the heffy Trailhunter price tag.

NateEhinger

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Murano
The modern tech is great, the truck looks awesome, and the power is right in line with what was expected from Toyota. The ground clearance is good, but if I were looking at the Canyon AT4X, Ranger Raptor, or Colorado ZR2, the Tacoma TRD Pro probably wouldn't make the list.

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
I like it, but going to keep the 3G for another four years and then buy a mid-cycle refresh.

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Tremor 2021
The modern tech is great, the truck looks awesome, and the power is right in line with what was expected from Toyota. The ground clearance is good, but if I were looking at the Canyon AT4X, Ranger Raptor, or Colorado ZR2, the Tacoma TRD Pro probably wouldn't make the list.
Could you explain why? Except the front locker, TRD Pro looks to be finaly on par with the competition, it even has a sway bar disconnect, with only the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon having it as well.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Yeah so I really like the truck but so disappointing to me that the rear seat area is so cramped. That is my major complaint at this point and possibly the deal killer for me..... I really like the truck otherwise and am hoping there is something that would make it work for me. I will wait to reserve final judgment until I can sit in one in person though.

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
I am going to keep my 3rd gen forever but it’s nice to see what is being offered. So far; I am in love with the pre-runner. i like the 4th gen trucks a lot.

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
I was 90% set on a $53k 2024 AT4 Canyon. Was holding out for the Ranger and Tacoma. I like what I see on the Tacoma. Waiting on pricing for the Limited and all options on other trims before deciding.
I was in the same boat. Ranger was a miss IMO and so i was fairly set on a AT4, but now i have my deposit at local Toyota Dealer for a Trailhunter, TRD offroad, or Limited... i'm so torn haha

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I wish there were pics of the TRD OR edition. According to Car and Driver, the OR will have 33s. I absolutely love that. The 33s with those Bilsteins should do 95% of what most people want it to do.

OP
OP

Mackieallan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger