• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Raptor Delivery

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rngsr, '24 RR, '22 Escape Hybrid, '18 RS Focus
Picked up my new Hot Pepper Red Ranger Raptor on Monday the 22 of April from my long-term dealer in north central Iowa. Left the following Friday morning at 0200 and drove straight through to my home in NW Wyoming - 1,150 miles, 16 hours. A few stats below for those interested:
- Ordered 25 June 2023, built: 18 Jan 2024, delivered to dealer 17 April.
- Options: Spray in bed liner, mud flaps, roll up bed cover, extended warranty
- Cost: MSRP less $2,000 (Early order, Veteran, loyalty)
- MPG: 15-18 Freeway/2-lane
Other stuff: Quieter than my '19, no wind noise. Very comfortable (Ford does great seats). Great highway cruiser. Have yet to take if off-road. Came with 66 miles on odometer which I hope means it was thoroughly tested and fixed if needed before leaving factory. Baja exhaust drones on highway which is bothersome. Large screen is much faster than previous iterations but can be VERY distracting, it will get better as I become more comfortable with finding stuff. Owner's manual is embedded, but info is limited, down load manual from Ford for backup. Sweet spot seems to be around 65MPH. Above that, MPG goes down noticeably.

Running boards. Look nice and fit the overall look of the truck, but are a PITA getting in/out. I'm 6'2" and 20 is in the rear view mirror. Will be replaced by electrics soon.

A word about the Ford extended warranty. With all the electronics and transmission concerns the purchase seemed like a good idea. First ever. Bumper to bumper, 150,000 miles, UNLIMITED time, transferable and cost is prorated for the first 10 years. If the vehicle is traded at the 5 year point, 50% of premium is returned. $100 deductible.

Drove non-stop because there were two hind quarters of frozen beef in coolers in the back. The dry ice company is now officially on the night shift. FYI, purchasing meat that way is a good idea is you can afford the initial cost. Get it cut and wrapped to your desire (thickness and number, pounds per package) as well as frozen. The cost for a cut and packaged hind quarter is slightly more than hamburger, but remember there are roasts, briskets and various steaks included.
Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Picked up my new Hot Pepper Red Ranger Raptor on Monday the 22 of April from my long-term dealer in north central Iowa. Left the following Friday morning at 0200 and drove straight through to my home in NW Wyoming - 1,150 miles, 16 hours. A few stats below for those interested:
- Ordered 25 June 2023, built: 18 Jan 2024, delivered to dealer 17 April.
- Options: Spray in bed liner, mud flaps, roll up bed cover, extended warranty
- Cost: MSRP less $2,000 (Early order, Veteran, loyalty)
- MPG: 15-18 Freeway/2-lane
Other stuff: Quieter than my '19, no wind noise. Very comfortable (Ford does great seats). Great highway cruiser. Have yet to take if off-road. Came with 66 miles on odometer which I hope means it was thoroughly tested and fixed if needed before leaving factory. Baja exhaust drones on highway which is bothersome. Large screen is much faster than previous iterations but can be VERY distracting, it will get better as I become more comfortable with finding stuff. Owner's manual is embedded, but info is limited, down load manual from Ford for backup. Sweet spot seems to be around 65MPH. Above that, MPG goes down noticeably.

Running boards. Look nice and fit the overall look of the truck, but are a PITA getting in/out. I'm 6'2" and 20 is in the rear view mirror. Will be replaced by electrics soon.

A word about the Ford extended warranty. With all the electronics and transmission concerns the purchase seemed like a good idea. First ever. Bumper to bumper, 150,000 miles, UNLIMITED time, transferable and cost is prorated for the first 10 years. If the vehicle is traded at the 5 year point, 50% of premium is returned. $100 deductible.

Drove non-stop because there were two hind quarters of frozen beef in coolers in the back. The dry ice company is now officially on the night shift. FYI, purchasing meat that way is a good idea is you can afford the initial cost. Get it cut and wrapped to your desire (thickness and number, pounds per package) as well as frozen. The cost for a cut and packaged hind quarter is slightly more than hamburger, but remember there are roasts, briskets and various steaks included.
Great initial review.
I had a 5 hour road trip home with mine last Saturday.
That was pretty much the same mileage I was seeing.

I too hate the steps. If I use them, I am up way to high and have to crawl back down into the seat or if I try and step over it can be reach with that step in the way.

I had the same issue with my Bronco steps and did just what you said removed them and put on power steps and now it is perfect getting in and out of the Bronco.

I am 6ft and mid 50s with the Ranger Raptor I am pretty sure it will be fine if I simply remove the steps.

Might have to hop up just a tiny bit to jump in, way easier for me then crawling down in from the standing on the steps. LOL

I don't think I am going to need the power steps on the Ranger.

You might take one off and see what you think.
You being 6'2", I am betting you can step right in without a step or hop at all.

OP
OP

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rngsr, '24 RR, '22 Escape Hybrid, '18 RS Focus
Have driven a Bronco and can't remember the entry height being an issue, but the RR clearly is a challenge. As you said, the running boards, although easier than stepping in, are a difficult because of being too high and squatting to enter. Hopping in over the running boards isn't an option either. The first thing my wife said was to do something about the existing running boards. Good idea about taking one off just to see.

Question for you. Which electrics did you purchase - AMP or Rough Country? The AMPs seem to go down a bit further, which I like, than the Rough Country's, but I like RC's magnetic trip rather than splicing wires behind the OBD port as the AMP does. Any issues with snow/mud/sleet?

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Have driven a Bronco and can't remember the entry height being an issue, but the RR clearly is a challenge. As you said, the running boards, although easier than stepping in, are a difficult because of being too high and squatting to enter. Hopping in over the running boards isn't an option either. The first thing my wife said was to do something about the existing running boards. Good idea about taking one off just to see.

Question for you. Which electrics did you purchase - AMP or Rough Country? The AMPs seem to go down a bit further, which I like, than the Rough Country's, but I like RC's magnetic trip rather than splicing wires behind the OBD port as the AMP does. Any issues with snow/mud/sleet?
Yea, that squating down from the top of the step is really not working for my back, just can't bend like that at least not very well anymore.

For now, I have been stretching over the step and into the seat with a little hop up involved.
I think once that step is off there, I won't even need to hop to get in.
Just know that stretching over that rough coated step and the hop in method is not good on the left leg when wearing shorts. LOL

I have had many sets of AMP steps on various HD trucks including my current 2015 RAM 2500 as well as my Bronco now has AMP steps.

I would not need any steps at all on the Bronco if it was not optioned with the Sasquatch 35" tire package.

Always been happy with the AMP products.

Never tried the RCs, can't say anything good or bad about the RCs.
The AMP steps on the Broco with 35" tires drop down to the perfect height to step right on in.
My Bronco does set a little taller than my Ranger Raptor, that is why I am thinking I am not going to need steps at all once I get these off there.

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco

When I put Amps on my 2014 Tremor I got the plug and play kit so I didn't have to splice anything. I also got the pass thru harness which had an extra OBDII port so I didn't have to unplug the steps if I needed to use the OBDII port.
Sponsored