Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
I have direct confirmation from Toyota USA contacts, that production of the 2024 Toyota Tacoma will still indeed begin in December 2023 as of October 10, 2022. It is coming along well with no further delays. Look for the first prototype units to appear in the coming weeks as we get closer to 2023.

I repeat, this information is directly from Toyota. Additionally, 930B (4Runner) is NOT for MY 2024, but 2025 per another contact adjacent to Toyota as a Tier 1 supplier. That contact, is extremely informative and knows about TNGA-F and everything BOF for North America into 2029.

I took a break from online, because of my own reasons and self-preservation in some circles. I learned about this Tacoma information very long ago, but updated internal Toyota USA documentation confirms a redesigned Tacoma by February 2024. A new Camry about 6 weeks after that as well, not next year.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I have direct confirmation from Toyota USA contacts, that production of the 2024 Toyota Tacoma will still indeed begin in December 2023 as of October 10, 2022. It is coming along well with no further delays. Look for the first prototype units to appear in the coming weeks as we get closer to 2023.

I repeat, this information is directly from Toyota. Additionally, 930B (4Runner) is NOT for MY 2024, but 2025 per another contact adjacent to Toyota as a Tier 1 supplier. That contact, is extremely informative and knows about TNGA-F and everything BOF for North America into 2029.

I took a break from online, because of my own reasons and self-preservation in some circles. I learned about this Tacoma information very long ago, but updated internal Toyota USA documentation confirms a redesigned Tacoma by February 2024. A new Camry about 6 weeks after that as well, not next year.
Well I was really hoping we would see something go on sale at the end of summer....hopefully I can hang on till Feb 2024. My 2014 Nissan Rogue currently has 188K miles by Feb 2024 I would probably be somewhere around 215K......

OP
OP

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I was really hoping we would see something go on sale at the end of summer....hopefully I can hang on till Feb 2024. My 2014 Nissan Rogue currently has 188K miles by Feb 2024 I would probably be somewhere around 215K......
Since about August 2021 or so, I have known that Job 1 would be December 2023 and thankfully it hasn't changed. Previously this vehicle was 2023 MY redesign, until 2019 and then in Q3 2021, slipped from August 2023 Job 1 to December 2023 instead.

I have been trying to spread this info around since I learned of it (Dec 2023) since last fall, but a lot of jokesters with a WiFi and YouTube channel, undermine my low key efforts to keep people apprised of 920B development, on the future of North America's best selling midsize pickup.

Coming up next, is a nice surprise I had forgotten to mention in my last post and clarify in full. IIRC, on Tuesday the first American built 920B integrated prototype units will be assembled here at Toyota's prototype pilot facility and enter testing by November 10th. Spy shots are coming very, very soon as I promised recently. Some of these final prototypes might be photographed unsheathed for marketing and press purposes and or shown as representatives of the production design at the new truck's reveal in 2023.

OP
OP

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
920B TACOMA PRE-PRODUCTION UNITS TO BEGIN ASSEMBLY AT TOYOTA PROTOTYPE PLANT HERE IN DETROIT METRO. My intel was clearly dead on from September and forgot to mention, that in a few days, the first US-built prototype units of the final Tacoma design, will be built here and enter testing rounds around here. Although some 3D printed components of the real McCoy have been mounted on never before seen 920B Tacoma mules, this is a completely integrated unit reflective of the final design frozen back in 2021.

Per more confirmation, production still begins December 1, 2023 in Mexico.

We have had a few TRD Pro Tacomas used for our own benchmarking purposes ironically enough (one in Calvary Blue).;)