• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

gForceDude

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
My new Truck got a new Weather-Proof Coating today:

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive...easy-use-ceramic-wax-protection-g190526-26-oz

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G19...tiveASIN=B06WVQ6MVR&tag=amazonqueryr1-20&th=1

I used this stuff on my previous Truck for 4 years, and it is amazing.
I always used to buy the expensive Ceramic Coating when I got a new Truck, but last time I tried this stuff instead, and I will never again pay for one of those expensive Ceramic Coatings when this stuff is just as good, and for only $20 bucks !

The initial application took about 2 hours (following the instructions on the back of the bottle); and from now on it will be as easy as 'Wash, Spray it on, Rinse, and Dry'.
I only wash my Truck a few times a year, and this stuff protects throughout those times between washes. The rain drops act like they can't get off fast enough, and the dirt just rinses right off easily every time.
In between washes I tell myself that my Truck is 'clean under the dirt' - because it is !
Sponsored

jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT 4x2
wipers are harder to stand up,
I thought the Ranger would have a wiper serve mode since you can't just stand the wipers up.

On my VWs, you could just hit press the wiper stalk down after turning off the car and the wipers would go to the end of their arc and stop.

The Ranger doesn't work like that. The manual says to turn the power on, press down on the stalk and then turn the key to off when they reach the end of their arc. They then say at the top and return when you next turn the key on.

joordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger wildtrak 2023
Few add-on to my wildtrak V6..
All-weather floor mats
Hitch rubber cover (press-in)
Tailgat dumper
Bonnet dumpers
ARB air compressor under the hood
Central console organizer

now trying to get an handle on the inverter wiring to replace it with a better one.. (thread opened in a separate section of the forum)

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
Got my RR bed rhino lined yesterday. Looks good except it doesn’t look like they prepped the back of the truck bed below the rear window to well. There’s overspray that looks to have gone through the holes that are there. A little annoyed but if that’s typical, I guess it is what it is. I’m gonna look up how to effectively clean it up.

Sponsored

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
Got my RR bed rhino lined yesterday. Looks good except it doesn’t look like they prepped the back of the truck bed below the rear window to well. There’s overspray that looks to have gone through the holes that are there. A little annoyed but if that’s typical, I guess it is what it is. I’m gonna look up how to effectively clean it up.
Do you have a photo so I know what to avoid when I get mine done?

FordDawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Work
My new Truck got a new Weather-Proof Coating today:

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive...easy-use-ceramic-wax-protection-g190526-26-oz

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G19...tiveASIN=B06WVQ6MVR&tag=amazonqueryr1-20&th=1

I used this stuff on my previous Truck for 4 years, and it is amazing.
I always used to buy the expensive Ceramic Coating when I got a new Truck, but last time I tried this stuff instead, and I will never again pay for one of those expensive Ceramic Coatings when this stuff is just as good, and for only $20 bucks !

The initial application took about 2 hours (following the instructions on the back of the bottle); and from now on it will be as easy as 'Wash, Spray it on, Rinse, and Dry'.
I only wash my Truck a few times a year, and this stuff protects throughout those times between washes. The rain drops act like they can't get off fast enough, and the dirt just rinses right off easily every time.
In between washes I tell myself that my Truck is 'clean under the dirt' - because it is !
Will this work on top of a liquid wax? Thanks.

Cyder

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse
There’s other minor stuff I noticed as well such as a leaf they didn’t clean out that was wedged in the bottom between the floor and the back of the bed but just sprayed over it.

In hindsight, should have gotten it done while at the factory and sucked up the extra wait time. Would’ve come out cleaner as they wouldn’t have accepted that overspray as acceptable for delivery to a customer.

Sponsored

NASSTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor / 1994 Bronco
I started experimenting with my "License Plate Flip Mod". :)
I don't really like how the front plate is mounted up so high.

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 439250508_745247537766842_8375888793376217395_n

sammydon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT
New to the forum, thanks for the add. Just got my Cactus Gray '24 XLT Sport after almost a year of waiting. I put running boards on immediately. Since I live on a gravel road I am hunting for mud flaps but the ones I ordered didn't fit so I'm still looking. Right now I'm in the middle of trying to figure out the Ford Modular bedliner. There are NO instructions, contrary to what Ford says. I need to know the order in which the pieces go in. Maybe I should have gone with an after-market drop-in like I had in my first-generation Ranger. I had a spray-on in my '98 F-150, wanted to try something new this time. I ordered it online and for $60 I could have had it installed by a dealer.

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Installed Bronco +30 rims with 295/70R17 tires.
Before
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8067

During
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8197

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8176

After
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8208

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8226

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also removed all the sticker package this morning.
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8223
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8222

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8225

Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8227
Ford Ranger What did you DO TO your 6G Ranger today? 🧰 🛠️ ⚙️ 🧽 IMG_8224

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After pulled it outside for a couple quick walk around videos.

Sponsored