• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Will there be a second order bank around job 2 for Ranger Raptors?

Sarah Davis

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Occupation
Internet Assistant
you will find that dealers will use the verbiage "order banks have closed" instead of saying "our allocation is already spoken for" or "we do not have an allocation at this time" they will do this for many different reasons the main one being that the salesmen confuse "order banks closed" and "no allocations". its mainly training and confusion in the transfer of information. We keep seeing this happening with maverick and dealers saying order banks are closed, when in reality they have hit their allocation number and don't want to take anymore orders.

But Ranger order banks are open and ranger raptor can be placed they just wont get scheduled until ford is ready for them, or if the dealer does not have the allocations for the orders.
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
you will find that dealers will use the verbiage "order banks have closed" instead of saying "our allocation is already spoken for" or "we do not have an allocation at this time" they will do this for many different reasons the main one being that the salesmen confuse "order banks closed" and "no allocations". its mainly training and confusion in the transfer of information. We keep seeing this happening with maverick and dealers saying order banks are closed, when in reality they have hit their allocation number and don't want to take anymore orders.

But Ranger order banks are open and ranger raptor can be placed they just wont get scheduled until ford is ready for them, or if the dealer does not have the allocations for the orders.
Thanks for clarifying this for everyone, Sarah. We love what you and Tim do every week. I am following you guys closely for when you guys are allocated more Ranger Raptors, as that is when I can press my dealer to make sure mine is scheduled next.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I've found that smaller locations are more willing to give out reservations/walk down market adjustments if you're local.

My girlfriend called up her hometown Ford(tiny place) just to see how receptive they would be to her (really me)buying a Raptor. Since it's F150 territory, midsizes don't move as much and there was a chance that no one had gobbled it up yet.
The allotment was still available and they weren't even asking a markup from her. Granted she's been driving 3 hours round trip just to get her Tacoma serviced there and they know her by name.

I managed to secure the first/only order at my dealer(also tiny) at no market adjustment under the gentleman's agreement that I spend $2500 on aftermarket parts through them. I was planning on buying a camper shell anyway so it worked out.

A lot of dealers are hurting right now. Inventory doesn't seem to move as quickly as it did this time last year so a sale is a sale to most places.
I hate dealer markups and I refuse to pay for them but I have to say, if a dealer is going to have markups, this is the best way to do them.

If you're going to demand an extra $2500-$5k from a customer, at least give them something for the money with new wheels, lift, accessories, etc.
Sponsored