Sponsored

Recent content by Drifte

  1. Anyone brave enough to tow a camper yet? I was.

    Doesnt seem to be much for photos of the truck. It looks slightly taller than stock but not by much. The pic with the bed rack and nothing loaded is the only picture I seem to have of it with the alldog springs.
  2. Anyone brave enough to tow a camper yet? I was.

    I did a similar trip and similar setup (Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming). If I take a highway thats 60mph and under I average 18mpg witht the NOBO 10.5 (appx 2200lbs loaded). At the 70+ mph it drops to 15 and I can hold 15 or go with traffic and drop to 14. I cant complain, thats still better...
  3. Iowa Kuat IBEX Bed rack for Short bed Tacoma

    Rack still available (though debating getting the panel kit now and selling the bed cover)...
  4. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    That was an Amazon find: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0FPBZDVCB?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title&th=1 This is the TacoTunes sub/amp kit. I beleive they list the box volume on the website of 1.35cf. The sub itself is an image dynamics with the tacotunes logo on it. The port was included with the...
  5. Sound Deadening and the most beneficial spots to target

    Oh, I used the multi-layer deadener. It does make a difference with road noise, engine noise and seems to best benefit the door speakers. If I hadnt mentioned it, this is an aftermarket sub, the factory sub is infinite baffle (no enclosure) and thus, no port. More info on all that here...
  6. Sound Deadening and the most beneficial spots to target

    Im not sure why my sub came with the red port. The white foam, is actually factory so I just put it back on. It cant hurt, but I have my doubts it does anything noticable. The truck is definitely quiet. And with the added sub I have the head unit bass at zero so turning the gain down on the...
  7. Sound Deadening and the most beneficial spots to target

    Its about a 1" spacer. Its unfortunate to lose space in the already small back seat area, but Its not noticable and I still had 2 6ft tall coworkers back there without any issue.
  8. Sound Deadening and the most beneficial spots to target

    Did some additional deadening when adding the behind the seat sub. Had to block off the factory subs vent as well, used a thick sheet of plastic.
  9. Tacoma Oil Catch Can (SXTH Element)

    Catch can is definitely going on as soon as available. Curious if it fits where designed with this engine cover?
  10. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    Didn't like the unfinished look of the exposed metal, but wasn't ready to cut up the OEM plastics. Got some adhesive backed black carpet and I think it did the trick.
  11. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    Couple days of testing. When it comes to podcasts or audio books, simply turn down the sub gain and get clear vocals and no boominess. Tedious but managed to make the sub gain knob fit the center console switch blank.
  12. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    Received the kit this weekend. Grabbed some images for those curious. I'll get some more as I continue the installation. You can see it is an ID 10" sub, box has some stuff already which is nice. Its a bit hollow sounding so some deadener is a good idea. Tacotunes themselves has a video of them...
  13. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    I looked up the components. The sub appears to be an image dynamics, and the amp I came across on walmarts website. I suspect the amp could fall short of expectations but time will tell. I should receive mine this week and can get everyone lots of pictures of the parts.
  14. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    Has anyone received the new Tacotunes sub and amp combo? Im on the preorder and anxiously awaiting shipment. Curious if anyone has received one yet and if so, first impressions? I can upload install photos whenever it shows up. Hopefully run some frequency response tests once its setup as well.
  15. Cobb Tuning has launched support and CAMTuning is offering custom tuning.

    Anxious to see how that new throttle body elbow from SxthElement performs. Local subie performance shop are also Toyota nerds and we may have a Taco Tuesday dyno off...I dont like to lose...



Top