Final update: injector was replaced, leak down test was done (apparently no bad results), A/F ratio seems fine, I have to pay to have my vehicle shipped 6 hours and they will reimburse me. Discussing with Toyota to offer me some sort of extended guarantee that the motor will function as needed...
They have bore scoped the cylinder (they saw injector dumping fuel in non stop) but when they scoped it, it sounds like the piston was almost at the top, so I have asked them to take a video of it. They will also do a compression test but they can only do that after they replace the injector...
Update: cylinder 3 fuel injector was leaking. Toyota will cover the cost. Right now they are just looking at replacing the injector. While looking around it seems some people have had anything from one injector to 4 injectors to a total engine replacement. So will see what happens with that by...
Uphill so was giving it a good amount of gas.
preliminary results showed a lot of fuel in cylinder 3. So possibly a bad injector or bad valve.
Toyota gave me a rental for at least a week and assured me this will be covered under warranty
I was driving down the freeway and the truck suddenly went into limp mode and the dash lit up. The truck had issues idling and there were puffs of white smoke coming from the exhaust and smelled like gasoline. The vehicle diagnostic indicated electrical failure of some sort. Had it towed to the...
Yes the only thing that lifts the ring is the springs. Springs are cheap around $250 I would opt for them and you don’t have to go icon it can be any brand
some of us went a little higher and a stiffer spring rate with the tundra rear springs ? but I also agree. Take the preload down and that popping will go away
So you should have the sway bar links I don’t even think they would sell me the king shocks without buying the sway bar links. I don’t quite know what the are set up at but I know when I had the preload collar adjusted too low I would get a popping up and down on full lock turns
it means your collars are adjusted for too much lift. There is a term for it but I forget maybe binding? Move the collars up and it will go away also install a diff drop kit from icon
A little bit in the rear only on full turns pretty much went away when I adjusted preload on the kings although it may rub when I’m full turn off roading
I did the king 2.5 with adjusters on the front and rear (you have to get the rear sway bar links as well):
https://kingshocks.com/i-30508060-25001-408a-2024-toyota-tacoma-2-5-front-coilover.html?q=
https://kingshocks.com/i-30508060-25001-408a-2024-toyota-tacoma-2-5-front-coilover.html?q=
I...
I did the king 2.5 with adjusters on the front and rear (you have to get the rear sway bar links as well):
https://kingshocks.com/i-30508060-25001-408a-2024-toyota-tacoma-2-5-front-coilover.html?q=
https://kingshocks.com/i-30508060-25001-408a-2024-toyota-tacoma-2-5-front-coilover.html?q=
I...
Just finished installing the lift. Went with king shocks, 600lb preload in the front. Icon billet UCAs, king rear sway bar link, icon billet upper and lower trailing arms. Just waiting for icon to release the rear springs to get rid of the slight rake. Toyo open country RT 295/75/17 rubs a...
I'm really torn. I have a deposit on a 2024 TRD OR Premium MT, it was built in January and has been stuck at the rail depot for the better part of a month and a half with no expected delivery date. The dealer called and told me the could get me in the same truck but with an AT. Not sure if I...