With 600 pounds on the 819s the rear sits about 24.55 and the front about 22.50 so about a 2 inch rake. When I am fully loaded, I will be closer to 800 pounds and expect to be around 24 in the back.
The main question for me was "how is the truck going to articulate with the updated suspension...
Took my OR out this new years for some camping and lite off roading.... with about 600 lbs on the bed with the 819s. I love the fact that my Bed sits about 25 inches tall... It allowed the truck not to drag the bed on departures. The ride quality is great although I do feel a difference on...
You and I brother... I had the 821s on my truck and they were too much for the weight I carry. I dont plan to go beyond 660. Had to take them off because my tail was way too high up there... and no way to bring it down.
If you look at @andrewleader 's chart you can see that the 819's with about 1000 lbs (850 and over) you have about 24.25 of height and on the 821's with about the same weight you have 24.5 height. Thats about .25 difference in height but the big BUT is that a the 819's would be almost fully...
Yes.... LOL... my guesstimate pulled out of the air was near it "In theory, your truck should end up about 24.5+ish inches fully loaded.."
Thank you so much for the update. With 1000 lbs on the 821s you are sitting lower than me with 330ish lbs on the 819s. About 1 inch. Interesting that...
Here is a post about the topic that may help you.... Ask anything in there, if it interest you.
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/dobinsons-coil-spring-rear-suspension-upgrade-c59-819v-installed-on-2024-trd-off-road-longbed.6902/page-5#post-111323
Since you noticed, because I noticed that the 819 were longer than the 821s and I said ... "wait, is this right?" and I had to double check but it is right. The 819 are longer but the tube that the 821s are made from is thicker. I imagine that this is what helps carry the weight while...
That sounds about right but I think that you will still have to add at least 1 inch of lift in the front. Peak suspension has a top spacer that can do that for you. In theory, your truck should end up about 24.5+ish inches fully loaded... thats what I expect from mine with the 819s at full...
I am asking 80 for the 821s.
With the 821s, my 350 lbs of weight on my bed, I was about 25.50 inches, with 600 lbs I was about 25.25.
The issue with the 819s and 1000 lbs of weight, as it was explained to me is that you already had used most of the spring travel and you would had been...
it seems like you would be a bit less than 1 inch from stock.... I installed the 819s on my truck with about 350 constant weight and my rear is about 25.25 or 2 inches from stock. The 819 would be a bit less at around 24 with the 1000 lbs of extra weight.
You should call Dobinson to get their...
This looks pretty awesome. Just for my understanding, the C59-822 coils fit the stock shocks?
Also, when you can, please share your measurements.
I bought the 819s but I am now looking at what to use to lift the front and a coil lift would be better than a spacer lift and I am wondering if...
That looks really good. Is super cool that you were able to get the 817s on it and you are happy with them.
It seems that the following in the pattern:
821s with about 400-600 give about 25 inches between the mid of the tire hub and the start of rear fender...
819 with about 600+ provide about...
Indeed, thank you so much @gofastdan . I have been having a debate this past few days of what to do with my setup. With the little weight normally carry, the trucks rear is way too high with the 821s.... and dropping another inch with the 819s sounds enticing... but then I start thinking...
@gofastdan
I was wondering if you could do me a favor and measure the distance from the mid point of your wheel to the start of the rear/front fender. I would like to see the distance for front back.
I ended up installing the 821 on my TRD OR which has about 440 added weight to the bed.
I...
@MtnToad - What did you decide on the springs ? I ended up getting the 821s installed and ... yikes.. my ass up, and face down.... need to rethink exactly what I want to do... a 1.25 0 1.5 lift for the front may be... but not sure yet.. its either I go down to 817-819 or lift the front...
How do you like the Dobinsons? Did they keep the back of Truck at the expected height? Were they bouncy? I think you got this ...
C59-821V (30mm - 1.25") 880-1210lb Load