Sponsored

Search results

  1. Stock SR5 tires over stating speed and odometer

    I realized the stock 245's on the SR5 were reading faster speeds than every GPS I've compared it to, as well as my dash cam. All three gps's I compared were spot on. I also did multiple distance tests with with the gps's, and the truck always registered more miles than traveled. I've since...
  2. 4th gen Tacoma transmission fluid change DIY

    This concept pops up often on reddits and forums, and the "lifetimes" were, from what i understand, tied to the warranty periods and life expectancy of when most people trade cars (100,000-150,000). And i believe it was for non-truck vehicles, camrys, etc. The manuals for all Toyotas have and...
  3. 4th gen Tacoma transmission fluid change DIY

    https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/attachments/rm100000002h30z-pdf.21885/?force-system-browser=1 To get the proper level, you must also set the transmission thermostat and put the system in fluid temp mode to get the temp window correct. Heres a link from the OEM service manual to fine tune your...
  4. 2024 Tacoma With 198,385 Miles For Sale

    Its got to be a typo. Even If it was driven the first day they shipped around dec 2023-jan 2024, they would have to had put on 350-500 miles every day, non stop for the 1-1.5 years they've been out.
  5. Is my trans beginning to fail?

    Mine is not part of the tsb. Ive got 20,000 miles so far, and mine randomly has rough reverses that have seemed to diminish. Other 4th gens i know have the same. I also have hard 2-3 shifts when cold. Ive learned to cushion my shifts when its cold, by letting off the throttle slightly until it...
  6. Is my trans beginning to fail?

    Mine does that randomly as well. I believe Its something fuel/air algorithm related to a specific ambient situation ive never cared to pinpoint. ive had every gen tacoma, and they all made odd random engine noises and all lasted well over 300,000 miles with zero issues. I think this noise is...
  7. SmartCap EVOd Defender Truck Cap installed

    The cap, directly from SmartCap was $3600 shipped to Alaska in a week and a half. Surprisingly fast and Its definitely quite well made. My last tacoma had an ARE fiberglass. I think any future caps will be metal from now on.
  8. Can't Drive 2024 Trailhunter Past 75 mph

    Alot of times when wheels cant be balanced, the tires have runout that tend to be more pronounced at higher speeds. Theres nothing you can do but change the tire. They should be able to see it on a lift with the tire spinning. Ive seen mostly off road style, knobby tires have these issues...
  9. Second oil change at 5000 miles. More metal debris found (with pics!)

    Im at 10,000 miles and ive done 3 oil changes already. Two under 5000 during break in, and the last one at 5000. I have noticed it looks quite darker and more of a smokey smell to the oil at 5000, than my third gen. The turbo is definitely working the oil more. Using Amsoil synthetic and Im...
  10. What Did You Name Your Taco?

    Laquisha ShaQueen Mobley.
  11. Removal of panel around chargers

    I purchased the service manual from Factorymanuals.net
  12. Removal of panel around chargers

    Looks like its just held on by clips. Pull out. Looks like its just held on by clips
  13. Trailer detected glitch?

    Mine works as normal. I shouldve given it more time before i wrote this post. After you disconnect it just prompts you again once it realizes its not there.
  14. Magnefine Transmission filter

    I wouldnt mess around with that on a modern vehicle. That would surely void a warranty, almost guaranteed. Also, the debris left behind in the trans' was sand from the castings, not metal particles. This would be something that could potentially be used on an old 80's or 90's vehicle, even...
  15. Thoughts on no engine cover and exposed wires, etc.

    You literally overthought all of this. Every engine for the last couple decades has wire loom/tape. The cover is entirely cosmetic and theres little to no point to its existence. Its probably better for the engine in terms of heat removal. Probably the worst thing you could do to your engine...
  16. TSB: Hybrid Tacoma Now Included in Transmission Failure Issues & Replacement (October 2024)

    One thought about the smell..for the first few thousand miles, my Tacoma had a very sharp and peculiar smell i could not pinpoint. I believe it was either something in the Catalyst being burned off or some new coating on either the exhaust or engine that has slowly faded off. I initially it was...
  17. TSB: Hybrid Tacoma Now Included in Transmission Failure Issues & Replacement (October 2024)

    The transmission is entirely different, and the sand castings wouldnt affect a manual transmission the same it would an Automatic. Now, for discussions sake, lets say there was casting material left inside the gearbox of the manual transmissions as well. The exteral "acrid" smell you would...
  18. Low Fuel Warning - 4 gallons left?

    If i remember, my third gen was about the same. Even on a bone empty tanks saying there was 20 miles left, it would only take about 17-18 gallons of the 21 gallon tank. I think they just leave a healthy reserve in there.



Top