Sponsored

Search results

  1. Low coolant level

    As you've confirmed, what's seen under the hood doesn't always align with what's documented on the ticket. Oil change stations are focused on sending as many vehicles through the line as possible, not necessarily doing a thorough (or correct) job. That, coupled with overall reliability and...
  2. FRONT ALIGNMENT HELP NEEDED

    Doing some self-study, I found the attached: an alignment procedure for the '24 Tacoma HV. Posting here as a reference for anyone interested.
  3. Engine Load vs. RPM

    Low RPM with a high engine load are the two key ingredients for Low-Speed Pre-Ignition (LSPI). I'd avoid that as much as possible by downshifting while using the highest octane fuel available. These links are not to promote one oil brand over another. They give some good details on LSPI, what...
  4. No door lock beep

    For those searching in the future, this link could be of use. It helps identify where the "beep" speaker is located. See posts 19, 22 and 23. https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/hybrid-speaker-flying-saucer-noise-delete-kit-installed.18082/page-2
  5. Best mods under $200 - post links

    Congrats on the new truck. :thumbsup: The following are some simple changes I've made since buying mine, each of which was <$200: - Michelin Bed Liner https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/michelin-bed-mat-now-available-for-2024-tacoma-4th-gen.19598/page-2#post-262477 - Faraday Pouches...
  6. Where is your fob while driving?

    While driving, most often in one of the center console cupholders. When the truck is off, at home or on the road, it's locked, the fob then placed in a Faraday pouch.
  7. What have you hauled with your 4G Tacoma? Post em up! 🏋🏻‍♀️

    Gotta haul somethin'. :giggle: Many of my neighbors leave food out for the varmints, because they are so cute and cuddly. This one was attempting to gnaw a hole in my roof for a new loft. He was released into an undeveloped area a few miles away.
  8. Costco limits oil purchases and raises prices.

    When notices began going out this Spring, I created an oil change stash. Similar to the one I maintain for food, I now keep supplies stocked and rotate through them. Within a few days after each oil change, I purchase materials for the next. Oil and filters did have some local disruptions...
  9. Horizontal high beam adjustment

    Thanks for the reference. I see what you're saying now. Ya, I suspect that's something baked into the design, primarily to keep from blinding oncoming traffic. I re-googled several key words. In the latest models of any manufacturer, I could not find a reference to adjust the beam left or...
  10. Horizontal high beam adjustment

    I've tested mine a few times while driving. I did't notice an inward pattern, but I can understand if there is one: spreading it out could blind oncoming drivers while affecting our central vision. Old school manuals had left/right and up/down adjustments available. But modern lights project a...
  11. Oil change on low mileage

    Attached is the maintenance schedule and excerpts. A break-in oil change is popular. I did one around 1,000 mi / 1,600 km. The engine is broken-in by then. An early oil change helps remove materials leftover from assembly and parts seating. A new filter is nice. It's not a requirement...
  12. TRD Exhaust- can you spare the paint Toyota

    I like the appearance of what the OP did. Given the price, it doesn't seem much to ask Toyota to have that last section appear more fabricated, less mass-produced. I don't see coating it though. Heat cycles, expansion and compression, rocks, salt and other conditions will have any coating...
  13. Limited Slip Differential for 4x4 Tacoma? Why Isn't This A Thing?

    Some traction features available to the 4G I am familiar with. Several I am not. Attached are some references. The Owners Manual will also give some guidance on how and when to use. The second video below focuses on the Auto-LSD feature...
  14. Screen protector for 14inch multi-media display...recommendations?

    A few days ago I installed a screen protector listed at the YotaVerse site. https://www.yotaverse.com/products/14-screen-protector-2024-tacoma-2022-tundra?variant=45274054131941 The protector is made of tempered glass and comes in either clear or matte finishes. Clear would run the risk of...
  15. Toyota TRD 3+2 lift causing safety errors.

    Long story short, the electronics in any of these vehicles are calibrated for certain heights and angles. In order to see and measure the environment correctly, they have to be re-referenced to the new heights. In another make, a car, yes. In a different forum, a member changed out their rims...
  16. Need HELP with Accessories -- New 2026 Taco SR5 4x4 double owner

    Welcome. :fistbump: The following are a few suggestions for accessories. I think a set of flaps are a good idea. Modern paints are applied thinner than previous. https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/oem-mudflaps-canada-vs-us.9764/page-9#post-261631 I purchased this bed mat...
  17. 2026 TRD Pro - AVAS Speaker Resistance

    Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System. I just gave myself a quick spin-up on the feature. I do not have an answer, but a few links that might help, one of which references a bypass cable. This RAV4 thread does something of a teardown. Some have DIY soldered-in resistors to lessen the sound...
  18. Bronze Oxide Durability

    Given the conditions, I'm not sure one color will ultimately show better than another. While more obvious with the Bronze Oxide, as one walks around a white or lighter truck, the scratches will show themselves. If not as severe, polishing the exterior before resell might be an option. Discuss...
  19. Gen4 Tacoma Model Codes

    TZNA45L-PRZSZA 2026 TRD Sport Gas Automatic 4WD Double Cab 5' Bed The Owners Manual lists multiple model numbers and their tow limits. While it doesn't give the detail you're looking for, the information in the tables might give you something worthwhile. IDK if it'd be faster to rough out what...
  20. HERITAGE BLUE Tacoma Thread

    Yesterday, it was wash day. The third pic surprised me. I was attempting to catch a particular effect. With the water, light and reflections, the cell phone camera interpreted the drops as floating.



Top