Sponsored

Search results

  1. OME MT64 vs. Bilstein 6112/6100s

    None that I know of, it was ordered separately. That's what I hate. I get that most of these shops are just retailers without inventory but it's annoying when you have a project you'd like to get done in a time frame only to find out after you order that parts are backordered. Been dealing...
  2. What do you think of your Toyota dealership?

    My salesman that I went through is a friend of a relative, but because I bought my '24 TRD ORP in the first quarter it was released, there was no special pricing or discount. The dealership held the truck in my name without any holding fees and a few days after it was off the truck it was in my...
  3. OME MT64 vs. Bilstein 6112/6100s

    I heard to many bad reviews here about Shock Surplus. Mudify doesn't specifically say they're not in stock--only to call them. I've considered them but only as an alternate. I don't know of any other vendors. Anyways regarding the top hats--probably not with the Dobinsons one--but I have...
  4. OME MT64 vs. Bilstein 6112/6100s

    I ended up going with the 6112/6100 combo.. mostly because of other reviews and I only go off roading a few times a year--not nearly enough to invest in more expensive setups. However, I ordered my Bilsteins from 4wd parts--who currently has no stock and won't until mid-October. I ordered...
  5. Carplay disconnects

    I used to have this issue on my iphone 14. I also noticed that around the area it was always happening there was a company hosting a T-Mobile wifi and my phone was always connecting to it as I passed by. I disabled that feature, updated to IOS 26 and also switched to the Lexus app instead of...
  6. Option to mount 40”+ light bar WITHOUT Roof rack

    I used to enjoy the sleekness of having a roof rack mounted light bar.. and even with properly focused and aim lighting, I hated the glare on the windshield and hood and took them off. Driving on dirt roads or dusty roads made the glare so much worse... worse than people driving around in fog...
  7. Add fuel door release?

    I thought about it as well but then decided to not do it because in the 30 years I've been driving, I've never had fuel siphoned from any of my vehicles, the labor involved isn't worth my time, and if you mess it up wiring I'm not sure if there's a way to manually open the door without breaking it.
  8. Triple-R's Linear-18 Elite+ grille kit on a Trailhunter: install, CAN bus, dual-color

    Very nice write up. I have the exact same bar in my grill, however I went overboard with 3d printing a bracket to utilize more of the OEM mounts. I found just using the ones on the sides resulted in a lot of vibration since the grill itself is a tad flimsy. I also eliminated the CAN bus by...
  9. Transfer case oil alternatives

    That's a good point. I think my frustration right now is my parts guy said it's on back order and I was wanting to do all of my 4x4 fluids before I go on my next trip, but also when you look at the fluid specs, you can't find the exact thing on Toyota's parts website. Toyota lists a different...
  10. Just 2 Pictures: The day you picked it up VS. what your Tacoma looks like now

    20 miles on the odometer in March 2024: 30,000 miles in October 2025: I don't have any recent pictures but I will next month on my next off road trip. Not really much has changed since the day I bought it.. stock suspension, larger KO3 tires, roof racks with some junk thrown on top, ARB...
  11. Transfer case oil alternatives

    I'm past due for my first xfer case oil change and I ordered the most ridiculously expensive gear oil from Toyota.. Diff Gear Oil Lf Ltr W which I believe is part # 00279-DGOLF-01.. someone correct me if I'm wrong. That crap is $50/qt! The parts guy said this oil is on back order for a few...
  12. 40k miles spark plug service pic

    Technically 40,500 miles but it's not like that 500 is going to make much of a difference. These things are so easy to replace. To my naked eye it almost looks like some might be a fraction of a millimeter off but it could also be my eyes playing tricks since the electrode gap is so small and...
  13. Merus Adventure Park Offroad Trails Outside Amarillo Texas

    They didn't tell me that when I went, but when I went there was hardly anyone there. I'm going back camping for Memorial Day weekend next month if anyone's interested.
  14. Toyota Parts Reps here? ??'s about Pro/TH parts

    I'm contemplating on swapping front bumpers from my TRD OR to the TH bumper (I don't want to cut my bumper) and I have several questions about parts since Toyota's parts pages aren't very specific and even though you filter for the trim level, they still include the parts pages for the other...
  15. Can I get some pointers for the Pro Grille & Lightbar ?

    Which site did you order from? I think I saw Sparks Toyota and one other were the best discounts. I paid $310 including tax.. was $280. I just looked and they want $304 for it now. You just have to look for the ones in the area and compare it to ones nationwide and find which one is...
  16. Can I get some pointers for the Pro Grille & Lightbar ?

    The fender flares on the OR are matte so the decision was pretty much already made, but i also like the look of the matte over the gloss. IMHO the matte grill will also match powdercoated bumpers too.
  17. Can I get some pointers for the Pro Grille & Lightbar ?

    https://tacovinyl.com/collections/2024-tacoma-grilles/products/2024-tacoma-beta-pro-grille But I haven't found any reviews yet.
  18. Can I get some pointers for the Pro Grille & Lightbar ?

    I have a Triple-R Linear-18 Elite+ which is a multi-mode yellow/low-white/high-white/both bar pushing out to 21000 lumins. I also have their Linear-24 Elite but it's collecting dust at the moment, not sure if I'm going to stuff it in the grill or not. I also wanted a clean install with the...
  19. Who's had their 4th gen for a year now? What do you love/hate?

    I've had mine for just over 2 years now, I'll hit 40k miles in the next week or two. No big gripes, nothing that I hate about the truck except it does chip a bit easily.. but considering how much abuse it goes through at work and on the trails I'm not really complaining.
  20. Heritage Grille -- OEM and Aftermarket Options

    I went a similar route except I 3D printed my bracket out of ABS.. because I didn't feel like using nylon... but I have some noticeable vibration on poorly maintained paved roads and even worse on dirt roads that I blame the flimsy grill. Do you notice any vibrations with your aluminum...



Top