Sponsored

2024 tacoma trd offroad rust

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
112
Reaction score
95
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
Yes, upper midwest. My points to the dealer and Toyota brand engagement case are our other vehicles also older that travel same roads do not have this problem.
My 1991 MR2, that has lived outside since I got it, doesn't show that much rust (never went out in snow or rain)
They used to have several pages derailing all the rust-prevention in the cars... galvanized, coatings, special finishes etc.

Dropping a lot of money on a vehicle, only to see rust in a month is annoying (me, I'd probably just get after it with Rustoleum, or remove parts and powder coat them.)

Myself, I got a bit annoyed last week when I lifted the rear seat, and the tin underneath has some rust in a few edges (hybrid, so there's electronics under there, with sheetmetal shields over them)
Sponsored

 

TacoFreak

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
May 23, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,385
Reaction score
3,080
Location
Crozet, Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2023 Lexus RZ450e
Myself, I got a bit annoyed last week when I lifted the rear seat, and the tin underneath has some rust in a few edges (hybrid, so there's electronics under there, with sheetmetal shields over them)
I have owned a lot of other Toyota products, and like you I have never seen this level of rust in such a short time. I sold a 2011 Tundra two years ago that was driven regularly on salty Ohio roads and it was not nearly that bad.

To me it looks like Toyota has lowered their standards and has cut costs in every way that they could. Pretty unacceptable in trucks that cost as much as most 4th gens do IMO.
 
 






Top