Sponsored

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
Just came across the @NYTOP Titanium Axle Dump Exhaust Tip...

Description:
NYTOP Titanium Axle Dump Exhaust Tip for 4th Gen Tacoma. Replaces the factory rear (axle back) section of the exhaust, providing extra clearance for off-road usage, as well as enhanced exhuast sound and 15 lbs of weight savings.

Direct bolt-on replacement, no cutting or trimming required.

Install video (with resonator delete removal)

Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Are there 2 mufflers in the original exhaust line? What’s in the section he removed?

Second question. I was curious if this mod would generate more room for a larger spare?

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
To me, it sounds better ( and these engines do not sound good) with the resonator installed. I'll bet there is a lot less noise in the cab with the OEM setup, too.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Are there 2 mufflers in the original exhaust line? What’s in the section he removed?

Second question. I was curious if this mod would generate more room for a larger spare?
The piece removed is a resonator. It serves several purposes. Extending the exhaust beyond the end of the vehicle (less noise inside the cab, less chance of combustion gases entering the cab when idling, etc. reduced popping, etc)

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Ok thanks. I just wondered if it was a second muffler in series or a catalytic converter

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
To me, it sounds better ( and these engines do not sound good) with the resonator installed. I'll bet there is a lot less noise in the cab with the OEM setup, too.
I wonder if there might be more noise in the cab? It will be interesting to find out

run_ruh

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road Premium Package 6-Spd (white)
I know the trail hunter comes with it and might be tuned slightly different. I wonder on non trail hunter's after a few miles will it send out a check engine light/code with changing the back pressure on the engine?

Tanrmt09

First Name
Tabr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Toyota 4runner
Im wondering if just taking the resonator and extra pipe off frees anything other then weight up. That's the pro intake and whatever tune you can get from the pro? Depending on cost. The pro also doesn't have a resonator just a tailpipe from what I can tell.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
It might be a little noisier inside, but probably not that much. As was said, same setup as the TrailHunter. I'm getting one for mine. That tail pipe just hangs there like a dirty sock on a shower rod. It just looks bad. I'll be glad to have it gone.

4thgenmedic

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sr5
Glad I watched video.. exactly how I didn’t want my exhaust to sound.. now I know
Sponsored