• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
What size rear diffs. in other trucks.
10 speed + 3.73 diff in the Ranger
8 speed + 3.58 diff in the Tacoma
8 speed + 3.83 diff in the Colorado
We see the difference drag racing.
Maybe it is the 10 speed

Last edited:

DanTheMan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Occupation
Social Worker
Fun to watch, but I feel like that late Chev launch may have been intentional...

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
First On Race Day, Strikes again! :)

Sponsored

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
Now just think how much more of a performance gap there will be when the 2.7 v6 turbo comes out in a few months.
No doubt the 3.0 Raptor is going to really put the hurts on a Zr2 and the pro turd. lol 😂 lol 😝

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Amazing results for the Ford Ranger. I know a lot of folks are waiting for the 2.7 liter, but the 2.3 seems to be pretty darn good!

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
Tacoma will have the 2.4L turbo hybrid. I wanna see that in a race. More torque than the RRaptor and down low too.

Johnny 5

First Name
John C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2024 Ranger Raptor (ordered)
Occupation
Mold maker
Tacoma will have the 2.4L turbo hybrid. I wanna see that in a race. More torque than the RRaptor and down low too.
Send one my way. My Ranger Raptor will be here in a week. I will put the "Toy" in Toyota and they will continue to be in Ford's trucks rear view mirror......

EchoTango

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
If the Tacoma hybrid performance resembles the Tundra hybrid, then there’s not going to be much difference in quarter mile times between the turbo non hybrid. The added weight of the battery + electric motor counteracts some of the benefits of the added HP and torque at higher speeds. I presume the Taco hybrid 0-60 will be quicker than the current turbo, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the turbo non hybrid accelerates faster after 60. However, I could be totally incorrect.

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Pro
If the Tacoma hybrid performance resembles the Tundra hybrid, then there’s not going to be much difference in quarter mile times between the turbo non hybrid. The added weight of the battery + electric motor counteracts some of the benefits of the added HP and torque at higher speeds. I presume the Taco hybrid 0-60 will be quicker than the current turbo, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the turbo non hybrid accelerates faster after 60. However, I could be totally incorrect.
Hybrid motor and battery should be a direct port from Tundra.

Adds around 50 hp and 100 lb ft of torque. In the Tundra it brings 0-60 from 6.6s to 6.2s.

I got orders on both taco and rraptor for msrp but I feel like it won't be here for another 6 to 8 mo min.
Sponsored