Sponsored

Any dealers accepting custom orders for 2024 Tacoma?

socaltaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
I'm in SoCal. Some are accepting deposits for MSRP but no dealer is willing to offer a custom build?

Any of state dealerships willing to allow a custom build that you can refer me to?

Thank you.
Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I'm in SoCal. Some are accepting deposits for MSRP but no dealer is willing to offer a custom build?

Any of state dealerships willing to allow a custom build that you can refer me to?

Thank you.
Dealers in my area have stated that you can choose from allocation. I was under the impression that Toyota doesn't do a custom order the way Ford might. Could be wrong though.

OP
OP

socaltaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S
Dealers in my area have stated that you can choose from allocation. I was under the impression that Toyota doesn't do a custom order the way Ford might. Could be wrong though.
Yes that is exactly what I have been told. No custom orders. Just choose from allocation. Too bad. I didn't know this applied nationwide.

1GR-FE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LS 500
Yes that is exactly what I have been told. No custom orders. Just choose from allocation. Too bad. I didn't know this applied nationwide.
Based on my experience with Lexus, choosing from allocation doesn't necessarily mean choosing what they have - it's more waiting until something close enough comes along. Typically you'll provide an ordered list of what you want in your build and they'll let you know when something matches. You can decide if you want to buy or keep waiting for another one that matches better.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Based on my experience with Lexus, choosing from allocation doesn't necessarily mean choosing what they have - it's more waiting until something close enough comes along. Typically you'll provide an ordered list of what you want in your build and they'll let you know when something matches. You can decide if you want to buy or keep waiting for another one that matches better.
This is the impression I have received from dealers as to how it till work.

paleh0rse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
I just hope that doesn't include the bed and rack accessories for the Trailhunter. I have zero interest in the ARB sport bar they show in all the TH pics, and I'll need a lower profile bed rack for my RTT. I also want black wheels instead of the weird bronze wheels. Fingers crossed...

Moundman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu (a beater!)
I just hope that doesn't include the bed and rack accessories for the Trailhunter. I have zero interest in the ARB sport bar they show in all the TH pics, and I'll need a lower profile bed rack for my RTT. I also want black wheels instead of the weird bronze wheels. Fingers crossed...
I agree with sports bar but I believe everything I've seen said the sports bar is included. I can see a bunch of them being for sale on marketplace when they come out. :ROFLMAO: Just curious on the price of the rack they offer. I'm ready for the prices and options to come out already. lol

Drm919

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5
No custom orders from Toyota, hope one comes in you like

Reactions: JB1

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Yeah, my understanding is that you can give them a configuration and they'll watch for it and try to request allocation to match, assuming they can get one. That said, they might be competing with the whole region for desirable configurations, so you might want to be flexible. I'm probably going to tell my dealer I'll go for the trim I want in Solar Octane, Blue Crush, or whatever the red is called, in that order of preference. And, if the order sheet page that leaked is accurate, I might be open to TRD Sport with the top option package or Limited (depending on pricing and what's available on other trims).

I previously tried to order the Kia Sportage PHEV (Kia has a similar allocation system) and was dead-set on the configuration I wanted. They couldn't get me one before the EV tax credit change, so I ended up cancelling. For the Tacoma, I'm more flexible.

1GR-FE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus LS 500

I'd guess that those are all factory- or port-installed accessories, so this - if it is still true - won't necessarily apply to your order. Some options are dealer-installed so the customer can choose, assuming the dealer can source the appropriate part. I had an early Scion FR-S and struggled to find one that was in my preferred color, manual, and didn't have the upgraded touch-screen radio (too expensive). Finally a dealer let me in on the secret that the cars shipped without radios and the dealer was supposed to let the customer choose. Most opted to tack on every high-margin dealer accessory with each FR-S they were allocated.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Short answer: No. Toyota builds them way faster in batches. Custom orders slow everything down, and the name of the game is volume.

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Has anyone found any dealers that will accept Costco or True Car special pricing?
Sponsored