• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Available: 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Hey, just saw this at one of my local dealers. It’s got all the Gulf States crap bolted to it.. Still looks like a nice truck.
Oxford Toyota
Oxford,MS

IMG_8553.jpeg

IMG_8552.jpeg
Sponsored

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
Only thing worthwhile on the options are the mudflaps!

HardShellTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD extra cab, MT
The Gulf States options are a huge disappointment that just make me want to wait or go to a dealership outside their area:
  • Ball Mount - I have my OWN ball mount that fits my application. I can get a new one for less than $89.
  • Blackout Package - $399 for a tailgate insert and a couple black badges? No thanks.
  • Dashcam - According to other posts, the app gets terrible ratings, and this cam is not great. Dashcams on Amazon with 5-star ratings are going for $50-$150. This one costs $499.
  • Connectivity Kit - A bag of readily-available cables. The truck has wireless Apple Car Play and charging. What's this for??
  • Exhaust Tip - Black Chrome - It's just going to get banged up the first time I take it offroad. No.
  • Spray-on Bedliner - On a composite bed?? What for? I'll get a bed mat to make the bed less slippery. Besides, why pay someone at the port to do a half-a$$ed job for $599 when Rhino liner starts at $500? The Rhino Liner in my current truck has lasted 21 years.
  • Vehicle Protection Package - Basically, a bunch of products from your local auto parts store applied in a slapdash manner by a kid who works for the distributor. My brother did Scotchguard at a GM dealer. Do this yourself.
    • Paint Renewer Cleaner
    • Paint Sealant
    • Fabric Guard
  • Predator Drop-Step - A dumb accessory that makes your truck WORSE. If you ever get on anything but the most gentle of uneven terrain, you're going to bump these and damage them and your truck. These are also magnets for corrosion. They'd be coming off on day one.
It would be much more honest to throw on a $2,861 distributor markup. With the quality of these accessories, that's basically what this is. I have a relationship with a dealer in the region, and would prefer to work with them, but if they don't have control over whether these are installed, I'm going to go outside the region so I don't have to buy this stuff.

HardShellTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma TRD extra cab, MT
To sum up, the Gulf States accesories are basically a distributor markup that you get on a, "take it or leave it," basis. I'll talk to my dealer later, but I'm pretty sure they have no ability to refuse the package.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Not that I would REALLY want to... but I'd rather pay half the price and tell them to keep it all off the truck. I know that's not how it works, but still. I did get confirmation from my dealer yesterday that they will not be marking up my truck. But again, they could still get me with thousands of dollars worth of AliExpress shit I don't need, installed by a guy who hates his job and couldn't give less of a crap about my truck.
Sponsored