• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

DEALER MARKUP

amet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3 Comp xDrive
Question, who here is paying markup for there truck?

Understand everybody is in a different financial or personal situation and don't care if they shell out an extra 5-20K...But it's sad seeing these trucks being listed over MSRP making it difficult/unreasonable for many people to purchase.

Please try not to entertain these dealer markups!
Sponsored

Danimal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Occupation
Pilot
Question, who here is paying markup for there truck?

Understand everybody is in a different financial or personal situation and don't care if they shell out an extra 5-20K...But it's sad seeing these trucks being listed over MSRP making it difficult/unreasonable for many people to purchase.

Please try not to entertain these dealer markups!
I’ve called 20+ dealers in many different states. I haven’t found a single dealer selling at msrp. The cheapest is 5k over and the high range is 20-30k over. I spoke to one dealer recently asking 20k over and he told me they “laughed at people only offering 10k over”

OP
OP

amet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3 Comp xDrive
I’ve called 20+ dealers in many different states. I haven’t found a single dealer selling at msrp. The cheapest is 5k over and the high range is 20-30k over. I spoke to one dealer recently asking 20k over and he told me they “laughed at people only offering 10k over”
I hear you man. Been calling handful a day for the past week and majority aren't going under 5K. But have been able find 4-5 dealers who will do MSRP-1K over...All located in East Coast. Sucks to even have to negotiate them down to retail price.

Most of them were originally asking 10-20K over but I responded saying I have a MSRP deal already and was shopping around to see if I could find a available truck because mine is still at MAP. They returned with "We'll do MSRP-1K over if you come today to pick it up"

Rapture2423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Just depends where you live I guess. The dealers in more densely populated areas seem to be doing markups. I tell them to shove it up their hole. Got my RR at sticker. Had to drive almost 2 hours to a very rural town, but the experience overall was good. Just need to make those calls and set your expectations right away with the sales rep.

OP
OP

amet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3 Comp xDrive
Just depends where you live I guess. The dealers in more densely populated areas seem to be doing markups. I tell them to shove it up their hole. Got my RR at sticker. Had to drive almost 2 hours to a very rural town, but the experience overall was good. Just need to make those calls and set your expectations right away with the sales rep.
Yeah definitely. My current one I have a deposit on (MSRP) is from dealer 2 hours away in Mass. Every single dealer in NYC gave me a horrible attitude when asking for MSRP. Some assured me that I will not find a MSRP deal in whole East Coast.

These ford dealers think the Ranger Raptor will bring back the Covid market lol

Sponsored

Danimal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Occupation
Pilot
Nice dude! I’m in the southwest but if you know of dealers out east selling at msrp or close to it please share. I have an order in but it hasn’t even been pulled yet (no VIN or scheduled build date). 5k over was the best I could find in the southwest but at this point I’d be willing to fly out east to pick up a truck

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Yeah definitely. My current one I have a deposit on (MSRP) is from dealer 2 hours away in Mass. Every single dealer in NYC gave me a horrible attitude when asking for MSRP. Some assured me that I will not find a MSRP deal in whole East Coast.

Two hours away is a easy drive, I would jump on it.

Rapture2423

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor

I had a sales manager give the schpiel about supply and demand on why his rep was charging almost 6k markup at a dealer 10 miles from where I live. Blamed it on the owner (sure). On one hand I do understand supply and demand and a price is just simply what someone is willing to pay for it. And some sucker did buy that truck. But the demand is artificial in that Ford cannot get these things built and delivered. Not my fault as a buyer. I've bought my rarer cars with no markup and if treated right I will continue to buy from that person and dealer. In the end I said you didn't just lose a purchase today, you lost my future service on any Ford vehicle, and also a Google review deserving of the greedy true colors they showed.

Arsenall11

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 extremely built Lariat F150
Occupation
Mechanical contractor
I was pushing my dealer for a discount off msrp! But I have spent over 400k with him over the last three years, we shall see it’s on attain due in 10 days or so.

Sponsored

0ak9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Also got mine for MSRP and dealer added the 1k rebate without me asking. It took me speaking with five other dealerships around the area to finally find a dealer who was honest and fair.

For what it’s worth, the dealership was in a smaller town in the southeast.

OP
OP

amet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3 Comp xDrive
Got mine at msrp at a small dealership plus a $1k pre order rebate.
Also got mine for MSRP and dealer added the 1k rebate without me asking. It took me speaking with five other dealerships around the area to finally find a dealer who was honest and fair.

For what it’s worth, the dealership was in a smaller town in the southeast.
Nice! Plan on asking about the 1K rebate in a few days if it finally changes status. Dealerships like these deserve more appreciation.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Got mine at msrp at a small dealership plus a $1k pre order rebate.
Nice. I spent lots of time trying to find an allocation. Found one 3 hours away at a relatively small city dealership in Iowa. Got MSRP plus a small discount for "internet sales". Picking the truck up tomorrow.
So far the salespersons I dealt with have been exceptional and even texted a couple hours ago to ask what kind of coffee and bagels I like. Will definitely give them props and a good review pending my inspection. They even arranged for their detailing to be done before the other new vehicles that arrived with mine so I could pick it up early morning.

Some dealers with high ADM mark-ups might find a rude awakening when someone tries financing with a low down payment because the loan-value ratio will be quite high. I do understand those willing to pay a mark-up, though. Not ideal, but it is their decision whether it is worth it to them.

Hawkpilot10

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting Ranger Raptor 2024, Bronco & Ranger
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot
I ordered mine for that reason, markups are criminal! Waiting for mine one came up same as my order an hour away after custome cancelled his order. The pushed it up $10,000 over. They really think you build loyalty customers that way? Oh well.
Sponsored