Sponsored

Greetings to all!

Tire fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
Came across this wonderful forum while researching price information on the new gen Tacos. Considered Ranger and GMC Canyon, but scratched the GM off the list due to their issues with transmissions and possible other QC problems. So its down to Toyota and Ford, but am partial to Toyota for its legendary reliability, build and materials quality (compared to Ford) and not the least the availability of manual transmission.

Did the build sheet on the Toyota website and sent it out for a dealer quote to get an idea of how things work as this will be (hopefully) the first new vehicle that I special order. Had one of the local dealers reach out. According to the sales rep there may be a delay in getting the TRD 4x4 with manual transmission. He also pointed out that they if they are able to get me on the list, they would sell the truck for no less than $2k over MSRP (came down from $5k at the start of the conversation without any real grinding). I understand that the new Tacomas are hot and luckily I am not in dire needs of getting one right away. Still, would like to see if there are any contradictions to what the forementioned sales rep told me and if there are deals out there. I would consider getting a truck from an out of state dealer but not sure how that would conflict with California smog regulations, unless all trucks sold in the US are 50 state legal...
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tire fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
Was looking for Sport but open to OF.

Mackieallan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger
Those are the manual Sport allocations showing up in CA. First price column is MSRP, second price column is dealer price, the one after that is markup if any.

OP
OP

Tire fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
Thak you very much for this great information. Would prefer to get the truck sooner than later but can hold off until the market cools off.

OP
OP

Tire fryer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford F250 7.3 4x4
Since these all have an MSRP, I can presume these are all built units? Is it possible to have one configured?
Sponsored