Sponsored

Order acceptance date & arriving at dealers when?

WildTacoOhio

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT; 2016 Cherokee Trail Hawk
I just "reserved" a spot in line with a deposit to order a Tacoma at my dealer. I haven't seen dates talked about anywhere on this forum, but the dealer said orders are expected to be accepted Jan '24, with the first wave of trucks landing Mar-Apr '24. Not sure if anyone else has heard similar?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

knightdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sportage
I just "reserved" a spot in line with a deposit to order a Tacoma at my dealer. I haven't seen dates talked about anywhere on this forum, but the dealer said orders are expected to be accepted Jan '24, with the first wave of trucks landing Mar-Apr '24. Not sure if anyone else has heard similar?
My dealer here in Canada told me first deliveries should be end of 23, start of 24 for non-hybrid models. Hybrid models going to Q2 -Q3. Not sure how reliable the info is but that's what I was told when I put my deposit.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Every dealers giving different ETAs which is because they're clueless just like the rest of us. My friend can't even get an ETA on the 2023 4Runner she has ordered but yet my dealer can quickly say I should expect my 2024 Tacoma sometime early next spring lol. When I question him on how he got that date his response was "we don't want to give you anything earlier just in case, ya know". So I took that as I should expect to see it anywhere from Late Novemberish to Mayish next year.

He went to talk to the big boss after I asked to put my name in and it almost sounded like they wanted to discourage me from ordering it. "I told my boss what you were looking for and he said good luck, early next spring, do youuu .. still want to do it orrr?" My response was if early next spring is the case, even better, I'll have enough to buy it in cash lol.

OP
OP
WildTacoOhio

WildTacoOhio

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT; 2016 Cherokee Trail Hawk
Every dealers giving different ETAs which is because they're clueless just like the rest of us. My friend can't even get an ETA on the 2023 4Runner she has ordered but yet my dealer can quickly say I should expect my 2024 Tacoma sometime early next spring lol. When I question him on how he got that date his response was "we don't want to give you anything earlier just in case, ya know". So I took that as I should expect to see it anywhere from Late Novemberish to Mayish next year.

He went to talk to the big boss after I asked to put my name in and it almost sounded like they wanted to discourage me from ordering it. "I told my boss what you were looking for and he said good luck, early next spring, do youuu .. still want to do it orrr?" My response was if early next spring is the case, even better, I'll have enough to buy it in cash lol.

That's pretty much where I'm at too lol. I'm just happy my dealer said they aren't interested in ADMs on the Tacomas (at least for now). Coming from the Bronco order process in '21, I'm perfectly okay with less information from Toyota as long as it's dependable; Ford would set moving targets and consistently disappoint!
Sponsored