Ram Rampage small pickup seen live for first time

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Not sure what I think of this yet... glad they did some body work on this and it wasn't just the rebadged fiat.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
I’d honestly highly consider such product. I was interested in Maverick, ordered, but ended up not accepting at delivery after test drive for numerous reasons. Personally, for my preferred aesthetics, the RAM product more aligns with what I would seek shopping in that segment.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I’d honestly highly consider such product. I was interested in Maverick, ordered, but ended up not accepting at delivery after test drive for numerous reasons. Personally, for my preferred aesthetics, the RAM product more aligns with what I would seek shopping in that segment.
Would be curious what the Maverick issues were. I have attempted to get one the last couple of years but at this point I have given up and moved on. Seems like their supply will not get fixed till the next model possibly.

The thing that worries me about the Rampage is reliability (Ford doesn't seem much better lately) and would doubt it would be very good on MPG....never know though.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Would be curious what the Maverick issues were. I have attempted to get one the last couple of years but at this point I have given up and moved on. Seems like their supply will not get fixed till the next model possibly.

The thing that worries me about the Rampage is reliability (Ford doesn't seem much better lately) and would doubt it would be very good on MPG....never know though.
It was more observances for my use case and needs/preferences than issues. I came to the conclusion that there is a reason they are priced starting $5-6K below their CUV counterparts. It was clear on fit and finished and quality of materials on first impression. Powertrain was good, 2.0T AWD Lariat (loaded) and drove decently well. Size was good. My wife has a 2020 Jeep Renegade Limited (previously a 2015 and 2016, she loves them for some reason. Lol.). All have been decent for what they are (none has left us stranded) with interior materials with fit and finish exceeding what I observed in Maverick for the same price - mid-$30K.

As far as short and long term reliability, Ford is no prize either with a questionable track record. One could argue both ways. I’d put them similarly equals.

Last edited:

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Too round. I hate the styling new vehicles are going with, this round bubble look. It makes Mercedes look horrible in my opinion and it certainly don't belong on a truck bodystyle. I think that's probably why I like Toyota so much. 4 Runner, Tacomas, even the Rav 4s, all got this boxy ruggid look. Even my camry, althought I hate the rear of the camry for the exact reason.

MPGunther

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma Sport
Ram's will have more quality issues then the Ford. They just don't make 'em like they use to.

RaskyR1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ram 1500, '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, '22 Ducati
Ram's will have more quality issues then the Ford. They just don't make 'em like they use to.
I think all of the big 3 have quality issues, which is why I typically like to lease. I have no preference or loyalty to either but Ford is winning with the number of recalls right now IIRC. Not that it means anything, but I'm on my 3rd Ram 1500 in the last 10 years and have had zero issues (knock on wood). For me the Ram interiors are just superior to GM and Ford, which is part of what swayed me to them. Lease deals were always significantly better than GM and Ford too. Unfortunately those cheap lease days seem to be long gone. :(

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Looks kinda weird. You gotta be a diehard dodge fan to get one. To each his own…
Sponsored