Toyota Stout

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
So there are a lot of rumors about this little truck, but none coming from any reputable source from what I can tell. The youtube videos about it kill me. :cautious:

So anyone know if there is any concrete information about this? It seems it would be something to consider considering demand for the Maverick. A little trucklet with a hybrid power train that gets good MPG and good apace for 4. A RAV4 type with a bed to haul occasional light loads
Sponsored

ChrisA6844

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 Raptor and Ford Maverick Tremor
So there are a lot of rumors about this little truck, but none coming from any reputable source from what I can tell. The youtube videos about it kill me. :cautious:

So anyone know if there is any concrete information about this? It seems it would be something to consider considering demand for the Maverick. A little trucklet with a hybrid power train that gets good MPG and good apace for 4. A RAV4 type with a bed to haul occasional light loads
I’ve seen the videos you’re talking about, and they only started popping up because of the Toyota Stout concept model that was an idea of a pickup Toyota could use to enter in against the Maverick. Although the Tacoma full electric concept was shown at the same event, nothing much further has come from the concept like the Tacoma’s. I wouldn’t say it’s out of the cards, just at a MUCH later date. I would imagine after the 4Runner unveiling. Most likely in 2025-Mid 2026.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I think I can probably ignore the videos if they’re as much clickbait as the rumors I’m hearing now, maybe from those who have watched the videos. Sized to compete with the Maverick but brings back the V8 gone from the Tundra? Who makes this stuff up.

OP
OP

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I think I can probably ignore the videos if they’re as much clickbait as the rumors I’m hearing now, maybe from those who have watched the videos. Sized to compete with the Maverick but brings back the V8 gone from the Tundra? Who makes this stuff up.
Yeah they are pretty crazy.... I was mainly wondering if there was an evidence of the Stout....a mention by someone from Toyota etc, or it's all just speculation since the Maverick has done well.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah they are pretty crazy.... I was mainly wondering if there was an evidence of the Stout....a mention by someone from Toyota etc, or it's all just speculation since the Maverick has done well.
I’m assuming all speculation so far. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did a Stout, but I’m assuming they’ll focus on the Tacoma launch first. Is there any tie with the Hilux in the rest of the world maybe? They’ve certainly been putting effort not truck lately though. Look at the new GX
Sponsored