Sponsored

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
Only had time this morning to test the peak possible outputs on the truck usb charging ports. Didn’t test the peak combined output when both ports used. I also didn’t profile the ports either. E.g. can the 19v port do 15v, 12v, or 9v. However, this gives you a good idea of what the ports can do.

Front console- 45 watts (19v @ 2.4a)
14” screen side- 10 watts (5v @ 2a)
Rear passenger- 10 watts (5v @ 2a)
Bed outlets- 30 watts (12v @ 2.5a)

I suspect the front console port was supposed to do 20V at 2.25 amps.

Update: I seem to have lost my microcontroller code to trigger different PD/QC (power delivery/quick charge) coding in a boating accident. I really don't feel like re-writing it tonight.

I can however guarantee you'll get at least 2 amps at 5 volts (10 watts) on all outlets. This should cover most everything.

Of note, if your family has a Nintendo switch, it uses a less common 15V charge voltage. You're better off just using the AC plug in the back seat (available in upgrade package and beyond on off roads) and power brick that came with the switch. Otherwise it falls back to 5V slow charging and you'll have an unhappy backseat camper.

I'm just happy to see something faster than 5W in the truck built in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Only had time this morning to test the peak possible outputs on the truck usb charging ports. Didn’t test the peak combined output when both ports used. I also didn’t profile the ports either. E.g. can the 19v port do 15v, 12v, or 9v. However, this gives you a good idea of what the ports can do.

Front console- 45 watts (19v @ 2.4a)
14” screen side- 10 watts (5v @ 2a)
Rear passenger- 10 watts (5v @ 2a)
Bed outlets- 30 watts (12v @ 2.5a)
Again, a wealth of helpful information and thank you!

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
@SleepyBear do you happen to know where the fuses are for the dc power in the bed? Mine seems to have blown, but I'm not sure where to find the fuse for that. It doesn't seem like it's one of the ones in under the hood, but I could be wrong.

Irvin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Outback
Thank you for the work good sir!

Quite disappointing. Not sure why they wouldn't have at least one at 100w and the 10 watt ones are crazy low for 2024. I have some many camping things with USB-C now, it will feel silly to have them plugged in all over the truck instead of having 4/5 dedicated ports in the bed.
Sponsored