• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Will there be a second order bank around job 2 for Ranger Raptors?

Kickee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion
Just want to see what to expect, or if I should convert my build to a different trim. I have a 1000 refundable deposit down, but no timeline and missed the first order window.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6764

Just want to see what to expect, or if I should convert my build to a different trim. I have a 1000 refundable deposit down, but no timeline and missed the first order window.
Orders are still open, meaning you still place them and they will be scheduled at some point. They will update/modify what's available, like the 2.7L ecoV6 which will likely be Job2, but they haven't stopped taking orders.

OP
OP

Kickee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion
Orders are still open, meaning you still place them and they will be scheduled at some point. They will update/modify what's available, like the 2.7L ecoV6 which will likely be Job2, but they haven't stopped taking orders.
Interesting, a couple of the dealerships I talked to and the one I ended up with doing the deposit said they weren’t able to order them currently and didn’t have a timeline.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
the only thing universally confirmed at this point is each dealer would get an initial allocation of 1 Raptor- additional Raptor allocations TBD, with a moving target and mostly official silence. Some dealers have not even assigned their initial allocation as reported here by posters. NON-Raptor Rangers ordering is still open with no hint of closing any time soon and "normal" Ford Customer Retail ordering rules in effect.

Job1 hasn't even happened yet, beyond that ask ChatGPT what happens next o_O

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kickee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion
Thanks everyone! I am tracking Job 1 hasn’t started yet. I will try to confirm with my dealer if they ever had an allocation. If anyone knows any dealerships that didn’t fill an allocation I’d love to know (probably like everyone else)… if it doesn’t happen I’ll probably wait for the 2.7

OP
OP

Kickee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fusion
It’s Military AutoSource if that helps with anything

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
Thanks everyone! I am tracking Job 1 hasn’t started yet. I will try to confirm with my dealer if they ever had an allocation. If anyone knows any dealerships that didn’t fill an allocation I’d love to know (probably like everyone else)… if it doesn’t happen I’ll probably wait for the 2.7
Tbh, if a dealer hasn't filled their allocation yet, it's probably because they want a $20K ADM.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It would be nice if when you got your email from Ford, it would tell you if your dealer had allocation or not. Something like, "We got your order, but it won't be scheduled until your dealer has allocation. If they said they did, they lied." Both dealers where I have Raptor orders (One Retail and One Stock) told me that they had allocation, still none have scheduled. I'd imagine one of them will build eventually. At the same time I'm starting to wonder if it gets that far if I'll change it to a Lariat 2.7 ... or a Tacoma :)

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher

I know my dealer hasn't filled theirs but there are like 6-8 dealers within 50 miles of me and I am the only Ranger they have ordered. I am in ON, Canada and they don't seem to go as fast for orders like the USA.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Tbh, if a dealer hasn't filled their allocation yet, it's probably because they want a $20K ADM.
If you’re patient, they’ll start becoming available again after all the folks have orders in with multiple dealers start getting a build date on one of them.

pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150
Occupation
Foreman
If you’re patient, they’ll start becoming available again after all the folks have orders in with multiple dealers start getting a build date on one of them.
Not to mention the guys that are getting impatient & opting for something else, like ZR2’s or Canyon’s or whatever they can get to satisfy their gotta have it now appetite!!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
It would be nice if when you got your email from Ford, it would tell you if your dealer had allocation or not. Something like, "We got your order, but it won't be scheduled until your dealer has allocation. If they said they did, they lied." Both dealers where I have Raptor orders (One Retail and One Stock) told me that they had allocation, still none have scheduled. I'd imagine one of them will build eventually. At the same time I'm starting to wonder if it gets that far if I'll change it to a Lariat 2.7 ... or a Tacoma :)
Impossible. Dealers usually don't know in advance if/when they would get an allocation under normal circumstances. This Raptor advance notice to dealers about getting 1 is the exception, not the rule (who knows when additional might be awarded) and you can't assume there is real-time communication between all departments and databases and dealers that would need to synchronize to make an announcement like that for each individual case. Also, it might scare off customers or cause them to cancel orders in the system and those orders are part of what forecasters, purchasing, and production use to try to acquire correct amounts of all needed parts, components, assemblies, etc. for Just In Time scheduling and manufacturing.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Not that I’ve tried too hard but every dealer I had reached out to stated the same thing to me regarding Raptors: they are not available to order and their one allocation is either marked up or pending market value, you can get on a list for them but of the 5 I’ve reached out to they all say they simply cannot submit a new order at this time.

I ended up biting the bullet and claiming one, there’s no commitment yet and it was built to the dealers owner specs, has beadlock wheels but otherwise the same as what I want. I’m still hopeful to get an order of my own. I can be patient I just am nervous. You’d thinking being in the heartland of Ford development it would be a smooth process but seems like the rest of y’all have some better luck. Maybe it’s because Ford is popular here I’m not sure.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
I've found that smaller locations are more willing to give out reservations/walk down market adjustments if you're local.

My girlfriend called up her hometown Ford(tiny place) just to see how receptive they would be to her (really me)buying a Raptor. Since it's F150 territory, midsizes don't move as much and there was a chance that no one had gobbled it up yet.
The allotment was still available and they weren't even asking a markup from her. Granted she's been driving 3 hours round trip just to get her Tacoma serviced there and they know her by name.

I managed to secure the first/only order at my dealer(also tiny) at no market adjustment under the gentleman's agreement that I spend $2500 on aftermarket parts through them. I was planning on buying a camper shell anyway so it worked out.

A lot of dealers are hurting right now. Inventory doesn't seem to move as quickly as it did this time last year so a sale is a sale to most places.
Sponsored