Sponsored

XtraCab extended Taco

Mackieallan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger
Am I the only nerd who thinks it's cool they brought back the Xtra cab moniker for the extended cab Taco?

“XtraCab, available on SR, SR5, and TRD PreRunner grades, is all about maximum utility and comes exclusively with seating for two, a functional rear cabin storage area, and a 6-foot bed. This configuration has no rear doors and no rear seat but makes the most of its cabin with all kinds of additional storage options.”
Sponsored

jmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma RC
I think it's really cool too! The seats were largely useless in the Access Cab anyway and the storage area replacing the seats looks awesome. However, I have a few concerns. Can the XtraCab be spec'd with 4WD? Is it leaf sprung only? IMO it'll be a miss if there isn't one single trim option available with 4WD.

If I am going to buy a 4th gen, my pick would be a SR or SR5 XtraCab with 4WD and coils (I'd take leaf springs though if I had to). I really like the 4th gen, but if my suspicions turn out to be correct, I am more likely to find a used 3rd gen when the time comes to buy a new truck.