Sponsored

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver
Using the previous offering of Yakima track adapter kit the overhaul HD uprights and HD bars work on the truck.

I had to cut some length off the Yakima “short” side rails to fit the uprights.

2024 Tacoma Yakima Overhaul HD Bed Rack with track adapter - Confirmed fit on 2024 Tacoma IMG_2669

2024 Tacoma Yakima Overhaul HD Bed Rack with track adapter - Confirmed fit on 2024 Tacoma IMG_2670

2024 Tacoma Yakima Overhaul HD Bed Rack with track adapter - Confirmed fit on 2024 Tacoma IMG_2668
Sponsored

Daplane_MA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 TRD Sport
The bed accessories seem to be the most plug n play for the 3G-->4G upgrade but if you had to cut the side rails not sure can say it fits.

Can you post a few more pics from the side and rear?

OP
OP
Type2Diabetes

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver
The bed accessories seem to be the most plug n play for the 3G-->4G upgrade but if you had to cut the side rails not sure can say it fits.

Can you post a few more pics from the side and rear?
Ya this is my first Tacoma, the rack was originally on an F250.

So this is my first truck with a 5’ bed, using the adapter kit from Yakima for the overhaul HD, I have the uprights at max length (track adapters touching the track end caps). Even at this spread and the side bars at there lowest length before cutting it was about 3” to long.

Since these side bars are telescoping I cut about 6” off, and re drilled the hole for the tension screw.

All the pictures online with side bars for the previous Tacoma that I could find all had the 6’ bed. So not sure if the side rails worked previous gen trucks with 5’ beds without modifications.
Sponsored

Last edited: