Sponsored

Recent content by BTAO

  1. Random 2024 Tacoma 4th Gen Photos of the Day - Post Yours! 📸 🤳

    Went to the Adirondacks last week. After getting 100% skunked fly fishing, managed to find a short intermediate [blue] trail on OnX on the way home that turned out to be WAY longer than expected. -And a lot of fun. The only thing I didn't do was air down, but it would have helped. I was also...
  2. Car Negotiation Tactics from a 33 year old entrepreneur millionaire.

    Some people get it, some don't. Negotiating can be learned or experienced. There's nothing here that is new to me, but a few things stand out. I've bought 8 new cars I think now at least? And, my ex had a career in car sales and auto finance. Be smarter. Research. Know more about the car...
  3. Designing a bed side rail extension thing for kayaks!

    Well I'm back. Was enjoying the ease of kayaking again, and I fish, so I got a fishing kayak! What I wasn't enjoying, was that these things are F#^&$# heavy. And, it's longer than my other ones. I got the Perception Showdown 11.5' pedal kayak. When I put it up on my rack to add cradles, it...
  4. Replaced my Jeep with a Toyota!

    Nice, and welcome! I always throw the 18" Dewalt battery chainsaw and recovery kit in the back when hitting the trails. Ran into that situation first time out, now I don't leave home without them. Cut both sides of the log, and used the strap to roll it out of the way.
  5. Designing a bed side rail extension thing for kayaks!

    Finished it up last night. It couldn't have come out better. Super happy with it. The side panels make it completely rigid. Perfect height, easy to load, and the stops hold both kayaks exactly in position for tying it down. I shortened the front post a little for better hold down, and added...
  6. Mods Suggestions

    The Bak X4ts hard roll up cover is my favorite so far. Keep everything protected, but I can still use it like a truck.
  7. Should I buy a Tacoma? Coming from a sports car

    I've heard people talk about this in the midwest, asking what people think about me driving a Subaru, or Toyota, like they're dirty. My old company had another site in IL that I went to often. If you're the kind of person to let stereotypes, stigma or politics make their decisions for them...
  8. Designing a bed side rail extension thing for kayaks!

    Thanks! With the t-slots, you can really modify and add anything you'd want, like a shelf. Easy on and easy off too to switch. We raft/tube down the river sometimes too, might need it for that. Could probably stack up 4 tubes pretty easy.
  9. Designing a bed side rail extension thing for kayaks!

    Greetings! I've been working on a little design I thought I'd share to solve a problem I have. I love to kayak! So a few weeks ago I put the kayak holder on the roof rack, and was too short to get the kayak safely on top, and that's just for one side of my double J rack. I have a utility...
  10. Hybrid - Can you jump *from* the positive terminal in the fuse box?

    This is all you need. That connection is a convenience connection for jumping either direction so you don't have to go under the seat. It's no harder than that. If you read the manual, it says to bring the revs up a bit and let it charge the other vehicle for 5 minutes before trying to start it.
  11. How far did you go to pick up your 4th Gen Tacoma?

    The way I see it, I'm buying the truck, not the dealership. I want the best deal on the truck, and will wait, or travel, as far as I need to get that best deal. I just posted the basic tale of how I got to the dealership and found the truck I wanted, and just told the fellow that. I wasn't...
  12. 25 Trailhunter, Low Battery?

    When I went to pick up my new truck when I bought it, the little battery was dead. Fortunately, my salesperson who was great, said that's not right, asked if I could wait, and they put a brand new one in instead of just jumping it and slapping my tailpipe on the way out the lot. His guess...
  13. Should I buy a Tacoma? Coming from a sports car

    Hey! Been there too. I've had all the WRX/STi generations, and wanted more of a practical vehicle for the changing lifestyle. I still wanted something that was fun, but in a different way. I went for the 2024 Crosstrek Wilderness. It was just that, rugged, trail worthy, fun in that get...



Top