Sponsored

Search results

  1. I towed a camper ... and was highly disappointed [Sport 6M]

    I started not to reply, but I kept thinking about your experience and how different ours is. Our maximum (tow weight) is 7500 on our Tacoma. I do have an automatic, short bed, a 2P WDH, (Curt 17510) and tow at around 65 mph. (70mph to pass but generally never more than 75) We always use...
  2. 12V battery problems 24 TrailHunter

    I have repeatedly gone back and forth with both Lexus (2026 RX350 ICE) and Toyota (2025 Tacoma Limited, also ICE) - They finally told me even a 60% charge is normal. "Their target" they say is 60 to 80 percent charge. That's so idiotic. If you have several short trips, or you bring the...
  3. Oil change on low mileage

    I changed both new vehicles (2025 Tacoma and 2026 Lexus RX350) at 500 miles, then every 3500 miles, then have the oil analyzed. Having good baselines now, I have the oil analyzed every 10,000 miles. But to your question, I did the Lexus at the 1 year mark, but I doubt it really necessary at...
  4. 12V battery problems 24 TrailHunter

    Well, there wouldn’t even have been a discussion. “IF” Lexus made trucks…. There’s a reason we’ve had 5 (or 6?) Lexus’s in a row. But it’s still Toyota and this makes so little sense. After posting yesterday, I went down and measured her battery. 12.16 V. I just shouldn’t have to keep...
  5. 12V battery problems 24 TrailHunter

    I've worn Lexus (dealer and Lexus Corporate customer satisfaction) out, thinking they might be more receptive to solving the issue. No, if that battery reaches 70-80% SOC, that's perfect operation for them. Because her trips are more infrequent and shorter, she might park it at or under 70%...
  6. 12V battery problems 24 TrailHunter

    I also have battery jumper packs in both the Lexus and the Toyota. . .
  7. 2024 Tacoma key fob battery

    Our fob battery was dead two weeks after purchase. The dealer didn't even blink and replaced it. We did get a warning on the dash...
  8. 12V battery problems 24 TrailHunter

    Lexus has already replaced the battery on my wifes 2026 RX350 Luxury. (yes, I know it has some parasitic drain at all times) Toyota just doesn't seem to care though, about charging the battery "enough" in my opinion. I have a voltmeter plugged in to the lighter socket, so I can see when it...
  9. Should I buy a Tacoma? Coming from a sports car

    Well, I really really like my Tacoma Limited. I drive it constantantly over a newer and even better equipped LEXUS RX Luxury version. It (a very well equipped Tacoma) just seems to have the right road feel. It's definitely not a sports car feel , but it just feels "well behaved" on the road...
  10. 25 Trailhunter, Low Battery?

    This may not have anything to do with your present issue, but I thiought I'd mention "it" for what it's worth... - 2025 Tacoma Limited 13573 miles - 2026 Lexus RX350 Luxury 2729 miles I'm going back and forth with Lexus corporate customer satisfaction first, as they are always the easiest of...
  11. Can’t get Carista to connect. Any advice?

    It can take a good period of time to connect. (but I wouldn't think over 5 minutes under any condition) I'll try mine later today. Make sure your subscription is registered properly. (That's really all I can think of if the Carista device is working properly)
  12. Missing the good bye small truck graphic when turning truck off i just get a summary report. Any help on how to get it back?

    I don't think this is user configurable in any way. It's "supposed to be" hard coded in to the infotainment system. (I think) It's not accessible from Carista that I know of and is likely, or perhaps I should say, it might be a "bug." You might try disconnecting the battery for 20 or 30...
  13. 5w-30

    I'm good with the reply. I feel it's a reasonable position. Toyota is not going to play any games. I'd say they have quite a list of problems right now. But hey, you "may" know more than their engineers, and hey they might be wrong too. It's was a recommendation, not a test of wills. Stay...
  14. 5w-30

    I wouldn't mess with Toyota at all, esp. right now with the V35 issues. It's 0w20 until the warranty is out. Then and only then , I "might" consider 0w30. (in the summer) I tow around 5600 pounds and carry more weight on the truck. (riders and some cargo)
  15. How to remove metric F*#@ ton of Butyl ?

    If you try MEK, be sure you're in a well ventilated area.
  16. Parking brake noise

    Yup, same noise, 2025 Tacoma Limited and 2026 Lexus RX350 Luxury
  17. Y harness to tap into bed lights

    Im not sure exactly what your intending, but, it's not inexpensive, but maybe, Toyota part # PT944-35240 ?
  18. What is Normal Transmission Temp While Towing?

    I’m towing at least 5k, pretty sure more. So far, I’ve never seen the temperature rise. (engine or transmission) I expect on a very long steep hill, it would rise, but so far never even noticed a temperature change engine or transmission, so far... That Tacoma is awesome! (I use tow/haul...



Top