Sponsored

Search results

  1. Pretty sure my 2nd transmission is going to fail

    Hopefully they replaced or at least flushed the transmission cooler. If that didn’t happen failure is almost inevitable if initial failure put metal debris in system. Aftermarket transmission builders will not warranty transmission unless coolers are replaced (I know that this isn’t aftermarket).
  2. Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years)

    Yes manual with the TRD package of that era which was electric rear locker and Bilstien shocks.
  3. Long Term Ownership Plans For Your Tacoma 4th Gen? (15-20 Years)

    I have a 1st gen 1999 that’s my daily driver. My 4th gen is expected to be delivered this week planning on it to be last vehicle of my lifetime if it holds up like the 1st gen has. I’m 61 years old so really I probably wouldn’t be driving much in 20 years.
  4. Replacing oil drain plug with Fumoto - same size as previous gen?

    Fumoto valves are used on lots of heavy construction equipment they are installed by the OEM. They are super reliable in my experience (40 years as a diesel mechanic) I have one on my wife’s Honda Passport and my 99 TRD never had any issues. I will likely be installing one at 1st service around...
  5. Tacoma VIN Allocation Tracking / Delivery Timeline / Quality Inspection (QC) Hold Status

    I just placed a deposit on this VIN 3TMLB5SJN7RM18C194 Any information would be greatly appreciated.



Top