Sponsored

Search results

  1. Number of 2024 Tacoma affected by auto transmission issue TSB is "less than thousands" (says Toyota)

    My truck is one with the affected vin numbers but I’m just shy of 15,000 miles and haven’t had any issues yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  2. TSB: 2024 Tacoma Transmission Failures Issue & Replacement (9/9/24). Updated w/ VIN Lookup Tool

    Mines part of the TSB. I’m at a bit over 13k miles with no issues that I’ve noticed with the transmission.
  3. From excited to feeling nervous about my Tacoma Limited order

    I’ve had my truck for about 5/6 months and I’m at 12,600 miles and I have had zero issues other than a few glitches with the infotainment software. I love this truck. I had a 2nd and 3rd gen before this and the 4th gen is by far the best truck.
  4. PSA: Remote Connect can be used without a key fob (if you've activated your digital key through the app)

    I’ve got remote start through the app and with my fob but I do not have an option for a digital key.
  5. Changing oil without ramps or jacks?

    I slide right under my trd sport. Plenty of room without lifting it.
  6. Hybrid MPG -- 26.6mpg city driving!

    I’ve got a non hybrid trd sport and my best mpg on. Short trip was 28.8 miles. My best on a whole tank was 25.3mpg. The average is around 22.5 mpg on a tank. I kind of want to get a hybrid but not for the better mpg. I’d love to have more torque.
  7. Tacoma key card programming??

    It was my understanding that as long as your truck has the smart key system, you can add the credit card key. I’ve been meaning to look into it at my local dealer. I know people with third gen’s have used Lexus credit card keys and had success.
  8. Garage door opener mod: installed as dash button (in 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport)

    https://caliraisedled.com/collections/square-switches
  9. 2wd mpg?

    I just got my best average on a tank. 25.3 mpg. Using Fuelly to track.
  10. Pretty sure my 2nd transmission is going to fail

    I get what you’re saying but there’s always going to be a percentage of cars that fail every year. I bought the third gen and fourth gen not long after they both came out. Third gen went 211k miles and I only had to replace the blower motor for the ac system. I’m currently at 11,715 miles in the...
  11. Range vs MPG

    Mine started out around where yours says now. It now is around 350 miles to empty after a fill up. Im at 11,500 miles and have noticed it creeping up since I got it.
  12. Describe your transmission behavior.

    I’m coming up on 12,000 miles in about 5 months of ownership and have no real issues. I have started letting it warm up in the morning because it can have a rough shift when first driving it cold. I’m loving the truck and look forward to some upgrades eventually.
  13. Insurance Cost For Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen?

    $184/month through root in South Carolina.
  14. Tonneau Cover Recommendations?

    I’ve got the sentry ct hard roll up cover and absolutely love it. The bed and it’s contents stay totally dry.
  15. 4th gen + BOV

    It’s got an electronic waste gate, I believe a bov would cause some issues and make it run like shit. Then again, I have seen videos of them on the new tundra and they also have electronic waste gates.
  16. Got the truck back with 2nd new transmission replacement

    I’m a bit over 10k miles in around 4 months. This thread doesn’t make me feel great about not having a warranty soon. Lol
  17. Hood splash when stopping

    I’ve ceramic coated mine and there’s really no difference. We’ve had some heavy rainfall the last week and visibility is horrible when this happens.
  18. I can not recommend the 2024 Tacoma, buyer beware

    lol. Maybe don’t buy a first year production vehicle in the first few months it’s out. I’m at 9k miles in mine and don’t have any issues. Absolutely love this truck. Way better then the second or third gen I owned.
  19. Fuel Range

    Yup.
  20. Fuel Range

    No I don’t. I usually fill up when it says I have around 50 miles. Typically it’s around 15.5-14 gallons at fill up. I forgot to attach this:



Top