Sponsored

Search results

  1. Gearing Up for Fall: What's Your Tacoma Setup?

    I just discovered Rough Country (rear) wheel well liners. The Tacoma doesn't actually have wheel wells in the rear, so I was thinking I would have to make my own. But these ones already exist, they should be tough enough (polyethylene), and they only cost $100 for a pair. So yeah, a no...
  2. Blind spot mirrors recommendations?

    The one convex mirror I keep seeing is sold by a lot of different companies. You know it is the same one because they all use the same photos. They say it is for 2024+ Tacoma, but the photos include the box, and the box clearly states that they are for 2016-2023! Would you take the chance...
  3. Blind spot mirrors recommendations?

    Is there an OEM convex mirror? I can't help but compare the Toyota aftermarket to the VW aftermarket. With my VW GTI, there are several companies that import parts that are installed on vehicles sold overseas, convex mirrors as an example. That was one of my first upgrades on my GTI! I'm...
  4. Rough Country Wheel Well Liners installed

    Just saying thanks for the link. Before I bought the truck I didn't realize that the rear bed sides/ wheel wells were completely open. I just assumed they were like other trucks that have stamped wheel wells that join to the body work. So these liners look like a must-have for the winters up...
  5. SR5 biggest tires w/no mods?

    To my knowledge, the biggest size that fits is 255/85r17, mounted on stock wheels. 34.6" diameter. Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. Lift isn't required and doesn't really matter, because obviously lifting your vehicle doesn't change the size of your wheel wells... Using stock wheels is ideal for...
  6. Gearing Up for Fall: What's Your Tacoma Setup?

    Weathertech has been my go-to for years. Pretty much the first thing I do when I get a new vehicle, no matter what the season. It's mostly because standard floor mats suck, and Weathertech are basically the OG of fitted floor mats. But the subject of winter weather makes me think of snow...
  7. disabling DCM / telematics in 2025 Taco

    After disabling your DCM, does the compass on the dash still work properly? I posted before that I disabled the DCM, and everything seemed to work fine. But my compass is always off by 60 degrees! Compass adjusts when I turn, so it is getting direction data from somewhere. But I can't find...
  8. Tire Size Strategy For Summer/ Winter Tires And Different Wheel Sizes

    Not to hijack my own thread, but all the information that I can find indicates that tire size by itself has minimal effect on fuel economy. So I think it'd be fun to do big tires without ruining my fuel economy. I also intend to build an aerodynamic topper, and to me it would be fun to prove...
  9. Tire Size Strategy For Summer/ Winter Tires And Different Wheel Sizes

    If I were smart, I'd do the same. But I have this silly idea of going with bigger tires. I do not want a lift, but the fact that bigger tires fit easily makes it feel irresponsible not to take advantage. Besies, it's a cheap upgrade. I'm buying the tire anyway, so cost to "upgrade" is just...
  10. Compass Needs Calibration; Is it magnetic or GPS/ Cellular based?

    I just realized that the built in compass is about 60 degrees off! I thought I was driving North, but it turns out I was actually driving west... That explains why I never hit the highway that was just a few miles north of me! Has anyone seen a way to calibrate? Or how does it detect...
  11. Tire Size Strategy For Summer/ Winter Tires And Different Wheel Sizes

    I feel like I'm trying to solve a puzzle! Winter is coming and I want to decide on a tire plan/ strategy before I commit to a tire size. There are a few moving parts. 1) How important is the diameter of the spare tire? If I am switching between two different tire diameters, what size spare...
  12. Limited Slip Differential for 4x4 Tacoma? Why Isn't This A Thing?

    Okay, so my suspicion seems correct. Electronic stability control appears to be a requirement for "light vehicles". The link is to the requirements for an electronic stability system, but in this section it does not explain when this system is required. So I am just assuming that somewhere in...
  13. What would be your first 3 mods after ownership ?

    Top 3 "must have" mods for me: Weathertech floor mats Undercoating (like woolwax) Software tune (leaning towards OTT) Followed closely by second set of wheels and winter tires. Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3 265/70r18. (32.6") (Bigger size because it would feel irresponsible not to!) I bought...
  14. What are people actually paying for their Tacoma right now?

    I paid $43k for a 2026 SR5, with long bed, double cab, in white. It includes cold weather package, and JBL audio system. Dealer had a $4k mark down, but they also have a no-haggle business model. I'm not sure if they are getting rid of inventory to make room for the 2027s, or if sales are...
  15. Stock IFS suspension travel distance? Up vs down travel ratio.

    I guess I posted too soon. I'm at nearly 1,000 miles, and the front suspension has settled by the amount I thought I wanted to lower it! But now it has more noticeable rake...
  16. Limited Slip Differential for 4x4 Tacoma? Why Isn't This A Thing?

    Unfortunately I do not have a "full time 4wd" option. I just have 2wd, 4 hi, and 4 low. I agree that 4 hi makes a huge difference on gravel. The truck feels helpless on gravel in 2wd. I saw the TFL video from 2024 about the tranction control system. But those tests are meaningless to me...
  17. Limited Slip Differential for 4x4 Tacoma? Why Isn't This A Thing?

    On my SR5, 4x4, I think a true limited slip differential (LSD) would be a big upgrade. But I don't see anyone talking about it. Everybody wants lockers, but for me, a LSD is far more practical. Especially for driving in wet roads, winter roads that are 99% clear, or turning down a gravel road...
  18. Another new SR5 Owner! Recommendations/Advice Please!

    I keep seeing the Icon triple rate rear springs. They are tempting. They are supposed to soften the rear for ride quality, but also increase loaded capacity, or atleast reduce suspension sag when loaded. It sounds like a great idea, and they would probably have a bigger impact on the truck...
  19. Another new SR5 Owner! Recommendations/Advice Please!

    Best upgrade: WeatherTech floor mats! Nothing else compares in terms of preserving the interior of your vehicle. They also have a mudflaps for the Tacoma if you are shopping around for those. I think stock wheels are under rated. Did you know you can fit 35s on the stock 17" wheels? Every...
  20. disabling DCM / telematics in 2025 Taco

    Just FYI, all speakers and hands free microphone are working 100% for on my 2026 SR5, using the Autoharnesshouse kit. The best way to test is by making a phone call, I think. Given you have a Camry and are posting in a Tacoma forum, it is anyone's guess if yours works the same! But the...



Top