Sponsored

Search results

  1. Trailhunter Fitment Follow-Up: SXTH Element Bed-Step Relocation Bracket Updated Hardware

    No, they are about $35. You can get them on my store, I would put a link to it but it would get flagged.
  2. So I did a thing, I put a thermal on the Trailhunter

    I put the Vantrue Pilot 2 on my 2025 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter because I wanted to see what thermal could reveal on dark roads. One field gave me a much bigger surprise than I expected. The real footage made this an interesting test. But seeing something on a live thermal display is one thing...
  3. I Put a GoPro Under My Trailhunter to See What SumoSprings Actually Do

    My Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter is getting heavier with the cap and overland gear, and I wanted more rear support without adding airbags. Rather than just install SumoSprings and talk about them in the driveway, I mounted a GoPro under the rear suspension and drove the same ditch twice so I could...
  4. I Tried Turning the 4th Gen Tacoma Factory Screen Into Something More Useful

    One thing I’ve missed from my 3rd Gen Tacoma is having a head unit that could do a lot more than the factory system. I didn’t want to replace the screen in my Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter, so I tried a different route with the Ottocast P3 Pro. I wasn’t sure how well an AI box would actually...
  5. 4th Gen Tacoma Bed Cap Camera + Third Brake Light Fix

    I finally finished the electronics side of the OPENROAD cap on my 2025 Tacoma Trailhunter. One of the bigger challenges with adding a cap to a 4th Gen Tacoma is that you’re not just dealing with the cap itself. You also have to think about the factory cameras, digital rearview mirror, third...
  6. I Installed an Aluminum Truck Cap on My 6-ft Trailhunter

    I just completed a aluminum truck-cap installation on my 4th Gen Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter with the 6-foot bed. This was more involved than a basic bolt-on modification. The cap has to be fully assembled and aligned before tightening, followed by the bottom rubber seal, silicone around the...
  7. Trailhunter Fitment Follow-Up: SXTH Element Bed-Step Relocation Bracket Updated Hardware

    I published a follow-up to my SXTH Element bed-step relocation bracket installation on a 2025 Tacoma Trailhunter. During the original install, the factory ARB bolt was slightly short after the relocation bracket was added. I paused the installation, documented the complete stack and fitment...
  8. Toyota Removed This… So I Added It Back (Tacoma HUD Mod 🔥)

    Toyota actually removed one of the coolest features from the Tacoma… 👉 The heads-up display. The 2024 Trailhunter had it. 2025? Gone. If you’ve ever used a HUD, you already know — once you have it, you don’t want to go back. So I added it back. Plug-and-play. Works on any Tacoma. And...
  9. đź§µ 1 Year Later: 4th Gen Tacoma Mods That Actually Survived (And What Didn’t)

    After a full year of daily driving, trail runs, mud, forest roads, and real-world abuse, my 4th Gen Tacoma Trailhunter setup looks completely different. Some mods proved themselves. Some didn’t. This video breaks down which 4th Gen Tacoma mods actually held up — and which ones I removed...
  10. 📊 Tacoma Sales Exploded in 2025 — Here’s What the Data Actually Says

    I’ve been seeing a lot of comments lately saying things like “Tacoma hype is dead” or “sales are falling off after the redesign” — so I decided to actually pull the data instead of guessing. Short version: that narrative is wrong. After a noticeable dip in 2024, Tacoma sales didn’t just...
  11. ⚠️ Trailhunter Onboard Air vs Aftermarket — I Didn’t Expect This Result

    I finally did a real-world side-by-side test between the 4th Gen Tacoma Trailhunter factory onboard air and a serious aftermarket air system after multiple trail days — and I honestly didn’t expect the outcome. I actually like Toyota’s onboard air for convenience. It’s clean, integrated, and...
  12. Don’t Make This 4th Gen Tacoma AUX Wiring Mistake — What I Learned Wiring 3 PREWIRED AUX Switches

    Hey everyone 👋 I wanted to share something I learned after spending a lot of time wiring accessories on my 4th Gen Toyota Tacoma using the factory prewired AUX switches. Toyota actually did a solid job giving us AUX 1–4 from the factory — but I realized pretty quickly that how you use each one...
  13. Oil change, is it even worth going to the dealer for the “free oil changes to 25k miles”?

    I’m starting to lean the same direction after what happened with my 4th Gen Trailhunter. A routine service triggered a full dash meltdown for me… “Visit Your Dealer,” every warning light imaginable, and the truck wouldn’t even start afterward. What made it worse is that the initial code...
  14. Took my TrailHunter to the dealership for the first time today. They broke it.

    This actually sounds really similar to what happened on my 2025 Trailhunter a couple weeks ago. I got the full dash light-up, “Visit Your Dealer,” and it wouldn’t start either. The weird part was that the first code it threw pointed to the Mass Air Flow Sensor, but that wasn’t the real issue at...
  15. ⚠️ 2025 Tacoma Recall + Owner Complaints — Driveshaft Vibrations, Clunks & Powertrain Concerns

    If you own a 2025 Toyota Tacoma, you’ll want to hear this. Toyota has officially announced a driveshaft recall for select 4th-Gen models — but that’s not the whole story. We have lots of complaints! In my latest video, I break down: 🎥 Watch here: ✅ Which trims are affected ✅ Common symptoms...
  16. Hydrogen Fuel Cell Toyota Tacoma H2-Overlander Concept Debuts at SEMA 2025

    Toyota just unveiled the Tacoma H2-Overlander Concept at SEMA 2025 — a hydrogen fuel-cell Tacoma with 547 HP, zero emissions, and the ability to charge two EVs or even filter its own exhaust water for camping. Built by TRD engineers, it’s a full hydrogen-electric overlander with long-travel...
  17. đź§µ 2025 Tacoma Trailhunter vs TRD Off-Road — Real Comparison Before the Road Trip

    Hey everyone — Rob here from @SmokyMtnTaco 👋 I’ve been running a 2025 Tacoma Trailhunter Hybrid for a while now, but I decided to rent a 2025 TRD Off-Road to see how it really stacks up — same roads, same driver, no dealership fluff. Before the big road trip, I did a full side-by-side...
  18. 🔩 No-Drill Auxbeam Rock Light Install on 2025 Tacoma Trailhunter | Factory AUX 3 + Rear Power Port

    Hey everyone — Rob here from @SmokyMtnTaco 👋 I just finished installing the Auxbeam Vibrant Series RGB Rock Light Kit on my 2025 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter, and this one turned out clean. No drilling. No splicing. Just magnetic mounts, Toyota’s factory prewired AUX 3 switch, and power...



Top