Sponsored

I Put a GoPro Under My Trailhunter to See What SumoSprings Actually Do

SmokyMtnTaco

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Rob
Joined
Apr 11, 2025
Threads
34
Messages
61
Reaction score
95
Location
East TN
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter, 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
My Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter is getting heavier with the cap and overland gear, and I wanted more rear support without adding airbags.

Rather than just install SumoSprings and talk about them in the driveway, I mounted a GoPro under the rear suspension and drove the same ditch twice so I could see what happens on each side.

The footage was more useful than I expected, especially around when they come into play and how the truck still articulates. I kept the heavy-load question separate because the RTT, crossbars and awning aren’t on yet.

Full video:


Anyone here running SumoSprings, airbags, or upgraded rear springs on a 4th Gen?
Sponsored

 

Cabby30

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2024
Threads
9
Messages
160
Reaction score
181
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 DCLB TRD OR
I would like to see something similar with the 2 versions of the timbrens as well.
 

lauren01

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Lauren
Joined
Aug 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
992
Reaction score
943
Location
Ventura, CA USA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Tacoma Trailhunter LB
We put Sumo Coil Springs on the Subaru, which fixed a lot of its sag until we had funds to upgrade full suspension. I may do the same coil add to the OME springs on our ’25 Trailhunter. It may reduce articulation a bit.

Not sure about us wanting to swap out for the Sumo bump stops — as slowpokes, we aren’t bottoming out even when towing offroad.

I can say SuperSprings International, the manufacturer, makes a solid product. Nice folks too. I have been to their facility and they put the coils on the Subaru for me. Now I know how since I got to watch.
Sponsored

 
 






Top