Sponsored

Search results

  1. Mismatching brands of shocks

    I may have to buy a pair of OEM front coil, just so that I can install the 5100. I know the part number is 48131 for RH, and 48132 for LH, but how come there are multiple serial for the second part, on the Toyota part website, these are all "exact fit" for my Trd Offroad... 48131-AK051, -AK071...
  2. Mismatching brands of shocks

    Sorry for the delay. My reasoning to keep using the current springs is just due to cost. Psychologically i felt I spent the money on the All dogs so I want to try to keep using them. I know this is an expensive hobby, though. I have a question about the Bilstein 5100. The front struts with...
  3. 4th Gen Tacoma Full Transmission Service DIY: Pan Drop

    I think I just watched your youtube video, whether it's you or not, it was a good video. My question is that A. my truck (2024) does not fall under the TSB, and B. honestly it's been sshifting perfectly, for 22800 miles now. My house/driveway is on a steep angle, and then my street also, which...
  4. Mismatching brands of shocks

    would the Dobinson IMS fit inside the factory front springs? https://mudify.com/products/dobinsons-2-6-ims-monotube-strut-ims59-60490?_gl=1*a87gsj*_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2OnUBhC2ARIsACKyfaGYYWInzp-MrK_RjVVALiAHWY5EDxtqie6e3STpARzHwPedUDYndFwaAkphEALw_wcB&gbraid=0AAAAABTulXDxsNqONpdnbY4x3YkLZg9Kk
  5. Mismatching brands of shocks

    Genuine question, I would like to hear some comments and recommendations as to which brand and model of struts//shockscan actually go well together. The front and rear springs of my Trd Offroad are from All Dogs and they are about 0.75 to 1 taller than stock, otherwise I have the stock Bilstein...
  6. Best value mid budget shocks

    is the ICON VS 2.0 with reservoir considered a soft ride shock? https://www.extremeterrain.com/icon-vehicle-dynamics-tacoma-vs-20-rear-remote-reservoir-shock-for-0-to-1-inch-lift-56518r.html
  7. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    hey man, quick question, supposedly the JBL amp is under the driver's seat? but I don't see it? nor under the passenger (actually the driver and passenger look the same).
  8. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    After some intense talking and thinking and reflecting in the past 10 hours, I pretty much came to the same conclusion. I used the term "signal booster", not sure if it's technically correct but I think Beatsonic heard me. They implied that if the two gain knobs are set too high, "some users"...
  9. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    to answer my own question, i think it adds to it as a pre-amp, based on the description on their website. "...The ENA-3T3 solves this by strengthening and optimizing the audio signal before it reaches your factory amplifier - giving it a cleaner, ...."
  10. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    back for hopefully the final round, thanks in advance Dude! So, Beatsonic amp, the ENA 2T3 that everybody is using, I want to know two things, does it bypasss the JBL amp, or add to it like some kind of phono pre-amp? Does it just boost signal, or changes timbre/sound quality? Based on the "best...
  11. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    Good point that the dash corners need to go hand-in-hand with the A pillar and front door. So, let's assume i'm going to go with the Audison APK690 2ohm. Upon a quick research, the mounting structure of the two dash corners is a bit tricky, either the screw holes don't line up many...
  12. Recall: 2024-2025 Tacoma TRD Off-Road models due to Bilstein Shocks Corrosion Issue (48k Units Affected)

    same here, have taller springs actually, from All Dog, but at least my springs were installed by dealer. my dealer is nice so shouldn't be a problem, but really, those reservoir aren't they welded onto the main shock body? detach???
  13. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    now you got my attention on the two dash corner speakers! :) the Audison does not come with those, just the A pillars and front door. So what brand and model woujld be a good plug and play for the JBL dash corners? As far as Crutchfield's concerned, only these three seem to be direct bolt-on...
  14. Replaced factory dash speakers (non-JBL) with FaitalPRO speakers

    what speaker brand and model wouljd be a plug and play for the JBL trucks?
  15. 2025 SR5 to 2026 TRD Sport upgrade comparison review

    someone here said toyota truck "sport" trim always has the roughest ride, but my experience with the Tundra SR5 trim Sport package (yea, they call it differently), depiste with a 20" rim, had the nicest ride in automotive hisotry, on par with the lX570, and none German SUV comes close. I was...
  16. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    Thanks!! First, there is a wordI probably used wrongly and interchangeably with "reponse". "Sensitivity" has its own meaning, mainly to do with perceived loudness, but I used it to mean the capability to reproduce certain low frequencies. My bad. Regarding the forizontal dash speakers (not the...
  17. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    hey @The Dude i'm back again, with another amateur question. Hope you don't mind! I was thinking about choosing the aftermarket component speakers to replace the front doors and A pillars, but I wasn't sure how to make sense of the advertised frequency response range. First, I don't know the...
  18. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    Hi there, no offence taken, in fact I almost wanted to phish for cautionary analysis on shops so I won't end up with bad installers, as I don't possess the visceral ability to judge. I could only indirectly assess their character by ...their character, and cultural stereotyping. You are...
  19. What should I expect if I swap in coaxial speakers into the JBL front door?

    Thanks! Before commenting on my perception of my shop, quick question as I am still within the 60 day return period LOL. I didn't mention that for the rear doors, I have previously swapped in a pair of Crutchfield's Inifity REF607FSL, 4ohms, two way co-ax. The original JBL rear doors are also...



Top