Sponsored

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 VFR, '95 Integra, '04 SV, '22 Bronco, '22 5BW
It looks great, and Toyota is really on a roll lately. Couple comments, though.

1. No manual transmission, no interest. At least Toyota made the "Tacoma or 4Runner?" decision easy. One less forum to read, too. Thanks, I guess.

2. The number of *very* similar trucks in Toyota's lineup (including Lexus) is a bit perplexing. Very fine line between some of these. I admit, because they are so much alike I thought (hoped?) that Toyota would offer a manual in the 4Runner as a way to differentiate it.

3. Lots of video reviews dropped. The number of people who commented, "wow, you reviewed it really quickly!" is a sad indication of our collective intelligence. Do people really think it's a coincidence that people all finished their reviews at the exact same time Toyota officially announced the vehicle???

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I like this! Had a 2020 4Runner Off Road Premium as a run around weekender ! The gas mileage was about 16 or 17 which was when gas started going to 4 a gallon! Had it for a year and sold it and made a bit on it. No Bueno on thr 4Runner MPG! Getting 19-20 in my taco. Interested to see MPG rating for the new 4Runner! I also like the much longer wheel base in the Tacoma! Also the gas tank size and range which are a bit disappointing in the Tacoma.

Last edited:

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
It looks great, and Toyota is really on a roll lately. Couple comments, though.

1. No manual transmission, no interest. At least Toyota made the "Tacoma or 4Runner?" decision easy. One less forum to read, too. Thanks, I guess.

2. The number of *very* similar trucks in Toyota's lineup (including Lexus) is a bit perplexing. Very fine line between some of these. I admit, because they are so much alike I thought (hoped?) that Toyota would offer a manual in the 4Runner as a way to differentiate it.

3. Lots of video reviews dropped. The number of people who commented, "wow, you reviewed it really quickly!" is a sad indication of our collective intelligence. Do people really think it's a coincidence that people all finished their reviews at the exact same time Toyota officially announced the vehicle???
On point number 1, I'm perplexed too, since they will be offering it (though admitedly limited) in the Taco. But the sales mix must not support it, which is why they did away with it years ago.

On point number 2, I agree that there's probably some model attrition within Toyota with all these SUVs. On the other hand, they're all somewhat different in size, utility and looks; you never know what criteria someone is going to use to determine which SUV is the right SUV for them - it could be as simple as "it needs to fit in my garage with my storage rack and toobox behind it" or "I like to sit a bit higher" or even "I think the LC is ugly but the 4R is amazing." I'm sure Toyota gets a lot of sales this way, rather than to lose those customers to other manufacturers.

I was somewhat waiting for the 4R to make my decision to go with the Taco really REALLY final, since I have to wait for my truck to be built anyway. And though I think they did a great job with the new 4R, I'm sticking it out with the Taco.
Sponsored