Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Larger Turning Radius

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
I noticed yesterday in the TFL driving impressions video, they called out the increased turning radius in the 4th gen because of wheel base being about 4 inches longer. I have been really impressed with my new 2023 Limited turning radius. It feels almost like my Forester. I test drove a Frontier and its larger turning radius drove me nuts. I guess I hadn't thought about the longer wheel base in the 4th gen resulting in that, but it definitely makes sense.
Sponsored

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
I've had my truck for over a month, and owned a '19 Taco for 5yrs, the difference in turning radius vs. the 3rd gen is barely noticeable.

There are area's of the 4th gen that aren't improved, or even worse vs. the old gen, but those areas are few and far between. The quick motor and amazing transmission on the 4th gen more than make up for it, not to mention the boxed frame, multi-link suspension, and rear disk brakes.

The new truck is simply a modern evolution of what the 3rd gen Tacoma was, and a person can tell that from the moment they get behind the wheel. I am extremely glad to leave leaf spring suspension and drum brakes behind.

JWestie

First Name
Rand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma OR
I finally test drove one last weekend and felt the turning radius was not that different from my '19 LB. No idea why they felt it necessary to lengthen the wheelbase, but its a negative, IMO. The peppy powertrain and transmission and electric steering rack are the main positives.
Sponsored