Sponsored

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
Interesting. Everything we saw on the reveal is standard except the roof rack. This is an interesting read:

R&T: Just visually, on a truck like the TRD Pro or Trailhunter, it looks like you’ve baked in all the usual-suspect aftermarket parts. It’s like you can just buy this truck and never open an aftermarket catalog.

Brown: Perfect point. We're doing a lot more, I'll say ‘strategic marketing’ or co-branding with legitimate partners with aftermarket off-road experience. We're taking their experience together with what we do well and trying to integrate that experience into the product. Our goal is that you can't tell where OE stops and where the accessories begin.

Everything that you see on the Trail Hunter, with the exception of that roof rack, is standard; It comes this way right from the factory. So that means as we look underneath there, you're gonna see we have a front bash plate. We've got a skid plate that protects the center body. Full fuel tank protection as well as a rear diff cover on here.”

https://apple.news/AbBYF4-T7SoivhSES4oQWkA
I hope there will be delete credits…most notably for that sport rack thing on the bed rails. Completely useless for overlanding and in the way if you want to add a GFC or Super Pacific wedge camper.
Sponsored

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
Sheldon, Toyota Chief Engineer for Tacoma, discussed wheelbase and overall length 1:52 seconds into the TFL YT video here

Overall length "bumper-to-bumper" with double cab 5' bed is identical (which would be 212.3") to the previous gen. Within that they "shrunk front overhang by 35mm [~1.4"]"
5' bed wheelbase is 3350mm or ~132" vs prior gen 127.4"
6' bed wheelbase is 3685mm or ~145" vs prior gen 140.6"

All of that data suggests that overall length for the double cab with 6' bed would be ~225", i.e. the same as prior gen.

BTW, regarding the front end on Pro, Trailhunter and Off Road versions. It looks like all the plastic cladding can be removed below the main grill and lower front fenders. I expect there is already an ARB Summit front bumper designed to fit in its place as one of the 100+ add-ons Toyota has mentioned. It will probably come with recovery points pushed further forward and higher versus the standard option. Almost certainly also supporting a front winch, high lift jack points and be fully compatible with all the sensors, camera and lights fitted as standard on Pro and Trailhunter. That plus the "shrunk overhang" may address front clearance concerns. Judging by the last gen ARB bumper it will be upwards of $2k MSRP and take somewhere north of 170lbs from the payload.
ARB won’t be the only game in town when it comes to that type of front bumper…they just have mighty good head start on the competition.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I hope there will be delete credits…most notably for that sport rack thing on the bed rails. Completely useless for overlanding and in the way if you want to add a GFC or Super Pacific wedge camper.
I agree. It seems odd to me that the sport bar is standard on TH given how many Tacos use wedge campers, or are likely to just want their own choice of bed rack. Seems like it would be a better fit on the Pro if it had to be a standard fit anywhere.

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
I agree. It seems odd to me that the sport bar is standard on TH given how many Tacos use wedge campers, or are likely to just want their own choice of bed rack. Seems like it would be a better fit on the Pro if it had to be a standard fit anywhere.
Could not agree more.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
ARB won’t be the only game in town when it comes to that type of front bumper…they just have mighty good head start on the competition.
For sure, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Just as you say that ARB will have a major head start.
Sponsored