Sponsored

2024 TRD Pro officially $63,900. Yikes!!!

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
For $64,150 you can order a brand new 2024 full sized F150 4WD Ford Tremor Crew Cab with a standard 5.0 V8 engine that sounds amazing. Yes, that’s only $250 higher than a Pro.
True, but you wont get: heated steering wheel, HUD, 360 cameras, garage door opener, premium sound, leather seats, digital rearview mirror, sunroof, etc.
Sponsored

RaskyR1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ram 1500, '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, '22 Ducati
True, but you wont get: heated steering wheel, HUD, 360 cameras, garage door opener, premium sound, leather seats, digital rearview mirror, sunroof, etc.
You can get all that and more with the current discounts and rebates on full size trucks. That's why I cancelled my TRD Pro and went with a loaded Ram 1500 instead. It's on a different level for interior quality/luxury feel, it can tow over 11,00lbs, 4 corner air suspension, has tons of storage, actual rear seat room, heated rear seats, air vents, and even reclining rear seats. Apples to oranges but at the same price, or within a few grand.

dbTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
I put my deposit down for the TRD Pro (Ice Cap, Blk Top/Red Interior with temp VIN) earlier this month and got locked in for MSRP before the MSRP was released. I'm not exactly worried about walking out paying my slotted $71k (to included the packages I'm adding, taxes, title. etc). My current 2019 TRD PRO is pretty much solid for a trade-in, estimated between $38-45k. After Toyota released the new 2024 Tacoma it increased in trade-in value.. just a smidge. So technically, I don't think financing this truck at roughly around $30k sounds too bad. It'll be paid off completely within a year.. so I'm pretty stoked :geek:

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
For $64,150 you can order a brand new 2024 full sized F150 4WD Ford Tremor Crew Cab with a standard 5.0 V8 engine that sounds amazing. Yes, that’s only $250 higher than a Pro.
Been there done that. Altho that 5.0L Tremor achieves a decent highway EPA for a V8 🤙🏼

No outboard power option and my buddy’s inverter on his Raptor says it’s a POS not true sine

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Been there done that. Altho that 5.0L Tremor achieves a decent highway EPA for a V8 🤙🏼

No outboard power option and my buddy’s inverter on his Raptor says it’s a POS not true sine
Do we know if the Taco's inverter is a pure sine wave? I couldn't find that info anywhere. This would be important for those (myself) looking to keep a bluetti, ecoflow, etc, topped off to keep the fridge going.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
BLUETTI told me to charge only through the 12v, not the inverter.. true sine or not. But I’ll definitely try it

bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
I know everyone is talking about the price that trd pro and trail hunter are expensive . Here is my take on this …..
Toyota have made these truck fully loaded with all the feature already . U don’t have to pick extra packages ( steel bumper , auxiliary switches , dual auto zone and many more ) but if u go build Colorado ZR2 , ranger raptor and canyon AT4 .you would have to add different packages to get everything in truck and at end they all will cost more than trd pro .
It is just that toyota don't do too many configurations on their trims ,toyota just have different trim for different need .
so ,
if someone wants fully loaded truck with all the tech , off road features and everything
At the end all these trucks will be for same price
Overall trucks are getting expensive specially mid size
Not true. Ranger Raptor comes fully loaded for its price and there are no packages to be added.

I was all in on the new trd pro until the pricing came out. I was #1 on my Toyota dealer's list, but told them at this price I was a no go.

Bought a ranger raptor instead with no mark up.

The trd pro might be as good overall as the Raptor, as I think they'll both have their advantages, but at almost 10k less, the Raptor is a far better buy for what you get.

bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
It's a shame the Pro is priced so high. The hybrid power train isn't worth an extra $4500 not to mention the fancy seats probably cost twice as much as the standard seats. I could buy a 4x4 Tundra Platinum for the price of a pro. I'll stick with my paid off Bronco since the Pro was a want more than a need. Now I can move on and stop obsessing with the new TRD Pro.
They got crazy with this and the price is really going to limit it's sales. Unfortunate.. as it appears to be a great truck. But not at $66k+

Msepa

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 TRD Tacoma Off Road
Not sure why people are shocked. I was expecting to see around 80-90k CAD for the Pros.

All I did was compared 2024 iForce pricing and bumped it up a little lol.
My dealer is over 90k. So I bailed. That was really disappointing. Not meant to be.☹

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
BLUETTI told me to charge only through the 12v, not the inverter.. true sine or not. But I’ll definitely try it
My gladiator had an unregulated 12V, my ecoflow hated it so I resorted to solar for that. But if I can charge the ecoflow right off the truck in 'generator mode' or in the bed while driving - i'd love to skip wiring in solar when I get my GFC

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Do we know if the Taco's inverter is a pure sine wave? I couldn't find that info anywhere. This would be important for those (myself) looking to keep a bluetti, ecoflow, etc, topped off to keep the fridge going.
The clearest indication we have is XOverland’s use of it running a big ass air-fryer convection oven. They drained the battery and generator mode kicked in without losing power. Seamless. Running a fridge overnight without forcing generator mode to kick on will require just a small accessory overnighter cell according to Sheldon.

I have a Yoshino power station and I’m debating fixed solar on the roof now. Maybe a fold out system for days in one spot at a surf break

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I'd buy a taco in a year or two if the dealer knocked about $5k off. Not sure if that's wishful thinking, but Toyota's massive scaling and the bite of interest rates might be pointing in a good direction for big inventory.
If the Tundra stocking is any indication, you may be correct!

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could be worse...My neighbor bought a cybertruck for over 100k and still has his garage door opener on his visor! :oops::unsure: He hasTacoma envy! It sure is fast though!

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not true. Ranger Raptor comes fully loaded for its price and there are no packages to be added.

I was all in on the new trd pro until the pricing came out. I was #1 on my Toyota dealer's list, but told them at this price I was a no go.

Bought a ranger raptor instead with no mark up.

The trd pro might be as good overall as the Raptor, as I think they'll both have their advantages, but at almost 10k less, the Raptor is a far better buy for what you get.
Raptor looks like a nice truck! I checked the prices yesterday and saw most with a 10k markup in the Dallas area. Where did you get a Raptor with no mark up? We all know Ford loves the market adjustment! It got so bad the CEO had to send a letter to the dealers asking them to stop!
Sponsored