Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Hi All,

After a lot of contemplation, settled on a Limited in Wind Chill Pearl. Just picked it up today! I'm not an avid off-roader, and preferred to have something with more creature comforts than a locker I'd solemnly, if ever, use. Not my first Taco - previously owned an '18 TRD OR with a 6MT. Got a screaming deal on that one as no one wanted a manual in my area. Ended up getting rid of that truck after I moved a few years back and didn't really have good place to park it. Now that I've moved again, ended up with more space and wanted to get back into a truck - however, the half-ton options were all overkill for me, so I knew I wanted a mid-size again. Came across a dealership willing to work out a great deal on a '24 Taco Limited, and decided to pull the trigger after checking out the offerings from other brands. The chrome is a tad out there, but more muted against the white, and to be honest, not all that bad, since the rear bumper cover is still body color, unlike the overdone chrome on other brands. Maybe I'll change the wheels, but we'll see!

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl tacoma3
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl tacoma4
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl tacoma2
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl tacoma1
Sponsored

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
That’s badass.. tell us more about the screaming deal

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Hah, well, it was a lease. I did a 2YR/12K mile deal on that one, and the calculated residual from Toyota was 83%. Needless to say, since no one really wanted a 6MT Taco (at least where I live), the dealership gave me about 10% off MSRP. The truck was around 37K and some change, I got it for 34K even. Since on a lease, you're basically paying the difference between sell price / residual + rental fee, my payments were around $230 a month. With nothing down.

The irony is when I moved, I decided to get rid of the truck. I didn't just turn it back in, and ended up selling it to Carvana, and came up another $500. So my all-in cost for that truck was literally ~$210/mo.

Thinking how that was only ~6yrs ago is pretty crazy. Lot has changed since then.

I ended up getting ~$2,900 off MSRP on my '24. Partly because it's a Limited, and I think the demand is definitely more on the TRD models, specifically the OR. But like I said, not big into off-roading. More of a track guy, and this truck will be used to haul my other car to road courses, rather than piling miles on the track car. The Taco will be able to comfortably tow a 1200# hauler with a 3000# car on it.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
Hi All,

After a lot of contemplation, settled on a Limited in Wind Chill Pearl. Just picked it up today! I'm not an avid off-roader, and preferred to have something with more creature comforts than a locker I'd solemnly, if ever, use. Not my first Taco - previously owned an '18 TRD OR with a 6MT. Got a screaming deal on that one as no one wanted a manual in my area. Ended up getting rid of that truck after I moved a few years back and didn't really have good place to park it. Now that I've moved again, ended up with more space and wanted to get back into a truck - however, the half-ton options were all overkill for me, so I knew I wanted a mid-size again. Came across a dealership willing to work out a great deal on a '24 Taco Limited, and decided to pull the trigger after checking out the offerings from other brands. The chrome is a tad out there, but more muted against the white, and to be honest, not all that bad, since the rear bumper cover is still body color, unlike the overdone chrome on other brands. Maybe I'll change the wheels, but we'll see!

tacoma3.jpg
tacoma4.jpg
tacoma2.jpg
tacoma1.jpg
Welcome from a fellow Limited owner. Your gonna love it. We are a rare breed around here!

Daveintb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SR5 2wd
Congrats, that is a nice truck ! I’m looking to get the same color and model as you. Was initially about to buy a full size Denali 1500 but I just don’t trust any of the engines that GM builds and I have no need of a full size. I think the Wind Chill Pearl looks best with the crome as well. Enjoy !

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Congrats, that is a nice truck ! I’m looking to get the same color and model as you. Was initially about to buy a full size Denali 1500 but I just don’t trust any of the engines that GM builds and I have no need of a full size. I think the Wind Chill Pearl looks best with the crome as well. Enjoy !
Yeah, half-tons are sitting on lots everywhere and all the manufacturers, even Toyota to a certain degree, are flanking them with support to move them. I really considered it, given how steep discounts are, but all of the half-tons are so large now. Just didn't see a need for a truck that big. Today's mid-size trucks are the same size as 2000's full size pickups. Unless you plan on towing 8000#, there's truly no need.

The only other truck that was really in the running for me was the Colorado/Canyon. I didn't really consider the Ranger, due to the lack of ventilated seats. It's crazy to me that a 50K truck wouldn't come with them. The Ford dealer was telling me that most of their customers just don't care for them. Somehow, I find that hard to believe, but I'm sure Ford probably has data to prove it. Who knows. GM and Toyota offer them. So obviously there's demand to a certain degree.

While the GM product produces significantly more HP and TQ, I felt like the 2.7L felt unrefined and sloppy. I do think they've made good strides in transmission refinement, however, the engine just seemed like it was always hesitating. To make all that power, you need a lot of boost - hence, lag. On top of that, it seemed to idle rough - not a good sign for a brand new truck. The sales manager said "they all feel like that, just need a 1000 miles to break in". Yeah... not taking any chances, lol.

Even though I've owned a total of 6 Toyota products in my life that have all been flaw-free (like major issues), having a bit of bias going into the test drive, as soon as I drove the Taco I felt at home. It's just a much better put together product. Fit and finish, while not perfect by any standard, was significantly better than GM. Power delivery felt smoother and plenty for the size of the truck. While I do miss the composure of the 2GR V6, the turbo 4 banger definitely is snappier and is able to maintain peak torque well via the 8 speed.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Yeah, half-tons are sitting on lots everywhere and all the manufacturers, even Toyota to a certain degree, are flanking them with support to move them. I really considered it, given how steep discounts are, but all of the half-tons are so large now. Just didn't see a need for a truck that big. Today's mid-size trucks are the same size as 2000's full size pickups. Unless you plan on towing 8000#, there's truly no need.

The only other truck that was really in the running for me was the Colorado/Canyon. I didn't really consider the Ranger, due to the lack of ventilated seats. It's crazy to me that a 50K truck wouldn't come with them. The Ford dealer was telling me that most of their customers just don't care for them. Somehow, I find that hard to believe, but I'm sure Ford probably has data to prove it. Who knows. GM and Toyota offer them. So obviously there's demand to a certain degree.

While the GM product produces significantly more HP and TQ, I felt like the 2.7L felt unrefined and sloppy. I do think they've made good strides in transmission refinement, however, the engine just seemed like it was always hesitating. To make all that power, you need a lot of boost - hence, lag. On top of that, it seemed to idle rough - not a good sign for a brand new truck. The sales manager said "they all feel like that, just need a 1000 miles to break in". Yeah... not taking any chances, lol.

Even though I've owned a total of 6 Toyota products in my life that have all been flaw-free (like major issues), having a bit of bias going into the test drive, as soon as I drove the Taco I felt at home. It's just a much better put together product. Fit and finish, while not perfect by any standard, was significantly better than GM. Power delivery felt smoother and plenty for the size of the truck. While I do miss the composure of the 2GR V6, the turbo 4 banger definitely is snappier and is able to maintain peak torque well via the 8 speed.
Looked at the exact same truck today at my dealership as we had not yet seen a Limited in person (waiting on the iMAX). It was really sunny here today and while the chrome wheels look really good, we thought they were a bit too bright against Wind Chill Pearl and think would be better on a darker color. Seriously considering the TRD black rims (shown below) that Toyota offers as an accessory for a measly up charge of $1,325.00😬

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl IMG_2770

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl IMG_2773

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Limited / Wind Chill Pearl IMG_2263

Last edited:

Daveintb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SR5 2wd

Yes, same thing with me, I test drove the Canyon first then later that day I drove the Limited and the difference was very noticeable in ride quality and overall build quality. I was expecting better power with the Canyon but never really felt it and was surprised how snappy the Limited was in Sport mode. I think that AVS is very nice on the Limited as well

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Yes, same thing with me, I test drove the Canyon first then later that day I drove the Limited and the difference was very noticeable in ride quality and overall build quality. I was expecting better power with the Canyon but never really felt it and was surprised how snappy the Limited was in Sport mode. I think that AVS is very nice on the Limited as well
While I haven't seen dyno figures, you have to just put 2&2 together. The HP difference is 30, but the GM truck makes over a 100 more lb-ft of torque. That torque comes higher and tapers off quickly, given the HP numbers. Per specs peak torque comes at 3000 rpm and starts dropping off at 3800 rpm.

I suspect that on the Taco, Toyota has tuned the engine to have a wider torque band - which is why power delivery feels so much smoother and consistent. Per Toyota specs, peak torque comes at 1700 - and if my math serves me correct, stays there till just under ~4800 rpm. That's a large band for peak torque. The 8 speed should have no issues keeping the engine in its happy place.

Maybe I'll get mine on a dyno someday just to prove out the numbers.

Daveintb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SR5 2wd
That wide band of torque is prob why it feels as good as it does.
If you change your wheels post some pics as I’m on the fence as well when I finally get mine.

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I ended up getting ~$2,900 off MSRP on my '24. Partly because it's a Limited, and I think the demand is definitely more on the TRD models, specifically the OR. But like I said, not big into off-roading. More of a track guy, and this truck will be used to haul my other car to road courses, rather than piling miles on the track car. The Taco will be able to comfortably tow a 1200# hauler with a 3000# car on it.

Damn dude! That's a hell of a deal. What was the sticker price? Did it have a bunch of options?

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
Damn dude! That's a hell of a deal. What was the sticker price? Did it have a bunch of options?
$54,495. Only options were AVS, wheel locks, and the premium paint charge. Yeah, was surprised as well. Ended up getting the truck for $51.6k.

OP
OP
Gurvy522

Gurvy522

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
My dumbass is agreed at MSRP!
Think a lot of it is dependant on location. Here in Chicago, trucks are not a super popular option. Most buyers are getting them for commercial purposes only. Further out in the suburbs, they tend to sell a bit better. Regardless of the size of the pickup, our annual window sticker is like ~$230 on a truck. Even if you're driving a Maverick. A Sequoia would only set you back ~$160. Doesn't make a ton of sense, it should really be based on the GWVR only ... but we're a bit backwards, lol.

I think the lack of demand is really what compels dealerships to offer discounts on most trucks here. The Chevy dealer down the street from me didn't have a single Colorado on their lot. Their sister location in NW Indiana was sitting on 2 dozen.
Sponsored