First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
2009 Tacoma TRD 6 speed.

2021 Ranger XLT Tremor, now.

Apparently Ford is dropping the tremor package from future rangers. So I'm looking at Tacoma's, Colorado's, and maybe Broncos or Jeep.
I've got a year or 2 yet. Give time to get the bugs out of the new Tacoma and Colorado.

Found the site from Ranger 5G a sister site.
Sponsored

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4R
@ppfd, no more Ranger Tremor? That would be disappointing, especially since there will be so few Ranger Raptors built. I could see them dropping the Tremor if you could easily order a Raptor at will, but that sure isn't the case. I'm waiting to see how the Tacoma launch goes, give it some time to see how the TRD Off Road package looks once they are out in the real world, see what is and isn't available for options with that package, and then decide from there. As much as a Trailhunter sounds nice, I'm worried they will be untouchable for the first year or two. That will give the new Ranger and GM twins time to show what they are made of a bit more as well.

JB1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner PRO
I had no idea they were dropping the tremor package

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Well, depending on what you read.
2024 ford build page there is no tremor option
The rumor sites like car and driver, etc, say there "may be" a new bigger and better tremor package.
This package is about perfect. Much like the the TRD off road, its pretty much everything the average person needs.

I really hope Toyota has finally got around to making the locking rear working in 2WD and 4WD like ford does. That is dam handy!

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Personally recommend not doing the gladiator (for now). Motor dependability it hit or miss, especially offroading. And dealers don't want to work with u after modding. I'm waiting to jump on taco bandwagon when trailhunter drops, especially if I land this job with toyota

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
Hows your Ranger's engine/trans? I'm considering those as well. Do know if they'll have a hybrid for 2024?

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Personally recommend not doing the gladiator (for now). Motor dependability it hit or miss, especially offroading. And dealers don't want to work with u after modding. I'm waiting to jump on taco bandwagon when trailhunter drops, especially if I land this job with toyota
I read somewhere they were discounting Gladiators up to $20k... haven't actually confirmed it, but that would make me think twice about taking a gamble on the engine. I really do like the truck.

Having said that, my deposit for a '24 Taco ain't going anywhere lol

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I read somewhere they were discounting Gladiators up to $20k... haven't actually confirmed it, but that would make me think twice about taking a gamble on the engine. I really do like the truck.

Having said that, my deposit for a '24 Taco ain't going anywhere lol
Rest of the truck is stout. I like mine and have done some crazy things with it. But most dealers aren't as friendly when it come to service on anything mild to wild in modifications. Certain things I understand and won't bash. But just cause there's a lil mud underneath?

Desert4G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
You were going the same route I am. I had a 17' Tacoma and traded it for a 19' Ranger. I just couldn't stand the engine, trans, and seating position of my Tacoma any longer. I'm not considering going back to Tacoma since it sounds like they fixed the seating position comfort and a more torque engine. A few extra interior features is a huge plus to.
Sponsored