bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
So sorry that you had problems. I didn’t ask for details about the installation process and they just said “no problem”. It looked to me that it was adjustable somewhat based on the installation instructions. In any event, thanks for the update and the warning!
Yeah definitely not your fault. I'm sure if I went to have it installed they would've figured something out since they are more experienced. That's what I get for trying to do it myself lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Just purchased the OEM bed extender from my local dealership. Long story, short they were selling it for 400 but I talked him down to 320 (saw it at this price online from other dealers). If you guys want to wheel and deal with you local dealership, I bet you can get them to bring the price down!

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Just purchased the OEM bed extender from my local dealership. Long story, short they were selling it for 400 but I talked him down to 320 (saw it at this price online from other dealers). If you guys want to wheel and deal with you local dealership, I bet you can get them to bring the price down!
Update: Finally got it installed. Note to anyone installing the OEM extender. It comes with 3/16 inch blind rivets. They are heavy duty and I wasn't able to install them w/my manual rivet gun. Luckily a truck accessory place near my house was nice enough to finish the rivets off w/their pneumatic rivet gun. I guess you could also use self tapping screws but I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone was looking to do a DIY install.

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Update: Finally got it installed. Note to anyone installing the OEM extender. It comes with 3/16 inch blind rivets. They are heavy duty and I wasn't able to install them w/my manual rivet gun. Luckily a truck accessory place near my house was nice enough to finish the rivets off w/their pneumatic rivet gun. I guess you could also use self tapping screws but I thought I'd put this out there in case anyone was looking to do a DIY install.
You got close up pictures of the bracket?

Sponsored

OP
OP
bsquaredMTB

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
One thing I hadn't noticed about the bed extender are the clips on the plastic bracings. Does anyone know what they are for? There are 2 clips on each brace. Is it as simple as clips for the extender straps?

2024 Tacoma Bed Extender Options 20240525_165855
2024 Tacoma Bed Extender Options 20240525_170909

Last edited:

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Looks like you figured it out. Additionally, a possible hanger for grocery sacks.😝
Sponsored